News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Software to control minutes used and country within call history?

Started by Veronica, June 05, 2013, 03:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veronica

Hello, i've got a client interested in the OBI but he asked me if there is a software or just a way to know the time used per call in order to collect for this calls (international calls). Now i have checked my call history in my obi's web portal and it shows that but not the exact minutes per call so he will have to count the minutes based on that info. Here an example:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21630798/call%20history.PNG

SO my question is, is there another way? also he will have to take note of what country is being called as in the history call just shows the number dialed.

I just want to find a way to make it simple and be able to do this.

Thanks in advance fr any help.

Oh BTW if there is no other way than creating a software or an excel page then let me know ill be willing to negotiate for that.

~ V

Smee

Sure it's possible.  The call history page that you mentioned actually has an XML counterpart that can be parsed out.  The tricky part is that the calls are only referenced by time so should you go over the 24 hour marker, the software will have to assume it is next day.  If you go to the following URL on your Obi, you can download the call log in XML format:

http://obi_ip/callhistory.xml

You can import that in Excel and do stuff, but it would be easier to create an application for that.  I currently don't have any free time to code something like what your asking, but if you are serious about pursuing this, you can go to freelancer.com and have someone there bid on your project.  The application would only have to do a few things to keep things simple:

• Use an INI file or config file of some sort to add the IP & credentials of your OBI.
  • Use MS Access as your Database
  • The app would then need to download the callhistory.xml periodically.  The interval can also be stored in the config file.
  • The app would then store all the info in the database and also calculate the time for the inbound or outbound call, making sure it doesn't duplicate data it has already imported.

Hopefully this information is useful.  Let us know how it turns out.

Take care...

Smee

QBZappy

Smee,

Doesn't Obi2Yac do some of what you are suggesting above already?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Smee

Quote from: QBZappy on June 07, 2013, 05:48:28 AM
Smee,

Doesn't Obi2Yac do some of what you are suggesting above already?

Well, only in so far as that I pick up the CID and CNAM of the call coming in as well as detect when the phone goes off hook and waits for a DTMF trigger.  For what Veronica is asking, It would be better to pull in a semi static feed and parse that.  Remember, that within the Syslog data, you receive a ton of other useless information which you have to sift through before you get a hit on something you need.

Smee