News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phones stop ringing (obi202 after quitting obiplus

Started by xibai, June 06, 2013, 08:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xibai

I tried unsuccessfully obiplus. After quit by deleting active obi-plus, both phones connected to the obi202 stopped ringing. Initially all calls were transferred to voicemail. After I deleted and re-add the obi202 to my account, it no longer transfers call to voicemail but still not ring. Please help. Thanks.

Shale

I would consider resetting the OBi202 back to factory defaults and then using OBiTalk to set up your service provider(s) again.

There may be a simpler way, but that sounds pretty comprehensive to me.

xibai

sorry, factory reset does not fix the problem. Any more solutions?

Shale

You say "it no longer transfers call to voicemail but still not ring".

I think the prime symptom is that the phone does not ring.

Tell us more about your setup. Who is the provider? Have you looked at http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.html  recently?

xibai

Hi, Shale, all the four service providers on obi202 are google. Before I joined google hangout on one or the two google accounts. I had reverted back to google Chat two days ago. The ring stopped working when I tried Obiplus about one week ago. Then yesterday I canceled obiplus, factory reset the obi202 and re-added it to my account. The phone still does not ring. Before the factory reset and re-add, all calls directly went to voice mail. After re-add, the caller will hear four rings before transferred to voice mail. On my side, still no ring.  Felel it is obiplus did something to the setting. What specific setup information would you need?

Rick

Utilize Chat on each number to make a call from the computer.  Ensure that each GV account is forwarding to Google Chat via the check box under PHONES.

xibai

Thanks for your thoughts. I just tried. From google chat, I can call any number. But when called the google voice number, none of devices, including google chat, all associated numbers (my cellphone) will ring.

Rick

Your issue is 100% with GV, which pretty clearly you messed up with Hangout.  Proof is your cell not ringing.

Delete all phones in GV.  Close it and reopen it and add them back, cell first.  When the cell rings your fixed.

xibai

thanks, Rick. I will try now. It is possible hangout issues coincide with obiplus.

xibai

Now I have deleted everything under the google voice including Google Chat and then added google chat and my cellphone back. Now only my cellphone rings. Really weird.

xibai

Also, only one of my google account join hangout, not all the four google accounts on obi202. The problem is that no any phone will ring. So still could be Obiplus issue.

Rick

The problem is not that no phones ring.  Your cellphone rings just fine, as you noted.  Therefore, since you can make, and receive calls on GV (receiving via the cell), it seems pretty clear the issue is with either a) Google Voice isn't setup properly to forward calls to Talk, which is how your OBi gets them, b) You messed up GV somehow, or c)Your OBi isn't properly setup with your GV account.

I would delete the entire setup in the OBi interface, reset the 202, and start all over.

xibai

Thanks for your help, Rick. I have found that when OBi202 is power off, I can dial out and take calls on my computer. However, when Obi202 is on again, neither Obi202 nor my computer will ring. Have reset Obi202, but won't help. Any ideas?

Rick

Quote from: xibai on June 08, 2013, 08:07:08 PM
Thanks for your help, Rick. I have found that when OBi202 is power off, I can dial out and take calls on my computer. However, when Obi202 is on again, neither Obi202 nor my computer will ring. Have reset Obi202, but won't help. Any ideas?

I gave my ideas, none of which was turning off the OBi.  If they don't work, try the GV forums, that's where your issue is.

Shale

xibai, I think you don't want the computer set up to field calls for that GV account. I think you want a separate account for the phone number that your OBi takes care of.

See reply #59, #60, and #62 on http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.40