News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

what is the mean of "reason 403"?

Started by buhuo, June 07, 2013, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buhuo

My sip provider is Peopleline in Vancouver. Now I'm using Linksys PAP2, everything is OK. Then I tried it with the softphone X-Lite, it's perfect. When I setup with OBi110. I can received other's call, but I can't  call other number, because it told me "... reason 403".

In X-Lite, I just filled User ID, Domain, Password. So I think the sip provider is OK. But I don't know how to setup my OBi110.

hwittenb

Sip 403 means "forbidden".  You often see that when you are trying to dial some number the voip provider doesn't like.

Does the call show up in the call history?

buhuo

Yes, it shows outbound is 403 forbidden. My question is everything is OK with LinksysPAP2 and softphone X-Lite at the same network with the same sip provider, but the OBi110 is not OK for calling other's number. So I believe the router configuration is OK. I don't know how to solve this problem.

Diana

I assume that both the PAP2T and X-lite are both "de-registered" while the OBI device is active?  Also, could it be a dialing syntax?  Can you place a call to any North American number?  Does the OBi shows registered when these outgoing calls are made?

buhuo

I tried to dial "1 888 *** ****", it's OK. But I can't call local number. It looks like a dialing syntax problem? Who can tell me how to do now? Thanks a lot.

hwittenb

If you can call a toll free number OK but not a "local number" I would run a Syslog on a test call documenting the outgoing sip INVITE and the sip 403 response and with that documentation ask Peopleline technical support why the number you are calling is forbidden.

Obi has instruction for capturing messages via Syslog and a downloadable Windows pc syslog server program here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=707.0

buhuo

I have done it according to your instruction. I uploaded the log file. Could you help me to check it? Firstly, I dialed 778 802 4255, that's not OK. Secondly, I dialed 1 888 605 4722, that's OK. Thanks a lot.

Sorry, the upload folder is full, I have to wait the administrator to release more space. I'm going to upload the log file tomorrow.

buhuo

I have solved this problem. The default DigitMap is (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) . When I'm calling the local number, it will add "1" before the local number. Because the sip provider doesn't allow the long distant call now, the local number is forbidden. The DigitMap can be changed to (1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.). Thank you, hwittenb.