News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot delete GV voicemails by OBi's phone

Started by bonsai, April 07, 2011, 09:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonsai

I just set up my OBi110 yesterday with a new GV account. I used the OBiTalk portal to configure it. When I receive a voicemail and check it by the phone attached to the OBi, there is no option to delete the message. If I select 7 - Archive, it says the message was archived, then it immediately tells me I have X new messages, where X is the total number of voicemails, even if all were listened to. I have to delete the voicemails online to get rid of them, otherwise they will be reported as new messages every time I check by phone. The voicemail indicator and stutter tone never go away until I delete the messages online. Is there a solution for this? I have the latest firmware OBi-1-2-1-2103.

RonR

Google Voice voicemail manipulation is handled totally by Google Voice and not by the OBi.

texasguy

I also just started to have THE VERY SAME PROBLEM after I updated the firmware... I think it is related.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0

RonR

It would appear that Google has broken Google Voice again (last time it was CallerID).  I just disabled my OBi so it's not part of the picture, and the problem with voicemails not being deleted is still there.  It seems the only way to delete voicemails at the moment is to do it from the Google Voice web page.