News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Five services on one OBi202 or how to split between two devices?

Started by sir_rob, June 12, 2013, 12:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir_rob

I have two lines and would like to set up the second line in the same manner as the first line, but my OBi202 can only accommodate 4 services.  Any ideas on how to get all 5 services working on one OBi202 or even on two OBi202's?  The services are:

SP1- GV Account 1 outbound only (line 1)
SP2- GV Account 2 inbound and outbound currently (line 2)
SP3- CC Inbound only - for CNAM or Caller ID with name (line 1)
SP4- Anveo E911 (lines 1 and 2)

I would like to add a second CallCentric inbound only for caller ID on line 2, and I am ok with purchasing a second OBi202 device to make this happen, but I do not want to pay for another 911 line.  Any ideas on how I could get all 5 services onto 1 or 2 OBi202's?

giqcass

This can be done on one device.  The question is what would be the best way.

Perhaps someone else can comment on this Idea.  I'm not sure if Anveo E911 can be done without registration but if it can you might be able to set up Anveo E911 as a Gateway.  

Alternately you may be able to have Callcentric forward calls to your Obi without registration.  That would require you to set port forwarding and dynamic dns.

Long live our new ObiLords!

sir_rob

That is great to hear!  How can I learn more?  I am at a loss regarding the next step.

sir_rob

azrobert

A Voice Gateway can share a SIP SPn trunk, so you can define Anveo line 1 on SP4 and Anveo line 2 on a Voice Gateway. The BIG restriction on Voice Gateways is they can only be used for outbound calls.

Another possible problem is Anveo uses DNS SRV records.  I assume if SP4 is setup for DNS SRV any Voice Gateway referencing SP4 will also be setup for SRV records, but I'm not sure.

What are your requirements?

Can anyone verify if a VG will work with DNS SRV?

Are you only using CC for Cname?

hwittenb

Quote from: azrobert on June 17, 2013, 11:47:26 AM
Can anyone verify if a VG will work with DNS SRV?
I can confirm that Anveo will work for unregistered outgoing calls using an OBi VoiceGateway.

As for the DNS SRV bit, I'm not sure where you specify or unspecify DNS SRV records.  I see there is a setting under the ITSP Profile for SIP to prepend service prefix to domain name when query by DNS SRV.  The default for this setting is unchecked (NO) which is what I have.  I ran a Wireshark packet trace on a test call and the OBI initially does three back to back DNS queries for sip.anveo.com, SRV sip.anveo.com and SRV _sip._udp.sip.anveo.com which is more or less covering the waterfront.  The standard query responds 72.9.149.69, the SRV query responds without an address, and the SRV _sip._udp.sip.anveo.com query responds with 72.9.149.69 for sip.anveo.com and 67.212.84.21 for sip.ca.anveo.com.

sir_rob

Quote from: azrobert on June 17, 2013, 11:47:26 AM
What are your requirements?

Are you only using CC for Cname?

My requirements are that I want Cname in, google voice out, and 911 service - all for both lines on one OBi202.

I am using CC for Cname and as a redirect.  If friends and family call GV #2 it forwards the call to both lines via the shared CC number (yes - both GV accounts have the CC number entered as a forwarding line).

Thanks!

azrobert

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunks Groups -> Voice Gateway 1
Name: Anveo 911
Access Number: sp4(sip.anveo.com)
DigitMap: (911|933)
AuthUserID: YourID
AuthPassword: YourPW

In your Phone Port Outbound Call Route you currently have something like:
{(911|933):sp4}

Change it to:
{(Mvg1):vg1}

This will free up SP4 for your 2nd Callcentric inbound number.

hwittenb,

Do I have the Access Number correct?

Thanks

giqcass

Do a 911 test by dialing 933 after you made the changes.
Long live our new ObiLords!

hwittenb

Quote from: azrobert on June 17, 2013, 04:32:31 PM
Access Number: sp4(sip.anveo.com)

hwittenb,
Do I have the Access Number correct?

For normal Anveo calling Anveo doesn't use the default port, but instead use port 5010.  I don't know if they do anything special for E911.  Assuming they do not do anything special the access number would be

Access Number: sp4(sip.anveo.com:5010)

sir_rob

Thank you all for your help!  I will try out your suggestions.  I also just ordered a second unit for a business phone and fax line.  Hopefully having more than one unit on a network does not cause any problems.

Again, thank you for your help!

sir_rob

I have made the modifications that you mentioned.  Here is what I did:

SP1- GV Account 1 outbound only (line 1)
SP2- CC Inbound only - for CNAM or Caller ID with name (line 1)
SP3- GV Account 2 inbound and outbound currently (line 2)
SP4- CC Inbound only - for CNAM or Caller ID with name (line 2)

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunks Groups -> Voice Gateway 1
Name: Anveo 911
Access Number: Access Number: sp2(sip.anveo.com:5010)
DigitMap: (911|933)
AuthUserID: xxxxx
AuthPassword: xxxxx

Phone Port Outbound Call Route I had: {911:sp3},{933:sp3}

I changed it to: {(Mvg1):vg1}

Now 911 works from line 1 but not line 2.  I will see if I can fix that.  Also, Anveo sent an email notification that the SIP connection was lost.  I guess that I will lose that notification with this configuration unless anyone has any ideas.

sir_rob

Just changed the following and now line 2 can also call 911:

Interfaces -> PHONE 2 -> OutboundCallRoute
Add {(Mvg1):vg1},

Now the only thing missing is the SIP online/offline notification from Anveo.  This is not that big of a deal, and I do not see a way to get it functioning, but it was nice to know if my phone line ever went out for any reason.