News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

dropped call on landline through obi110

Started by MatthewF, June 17, 2013, 04:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthewF

i use obi110 with google voice. Lately I've been having some connection problems and so have been calling out through my landline (**8) and having people call my landline and picking it up through the phone connected to my obi110.

This consistenly results in dropped calls. There are other phones connected to the land line not through obi110 and they don't have this problem. It just hangs up on people. It seems to be worse when people call me than when I call them, but it has happened both directions.

Any suggestions on what to do?

MatthewF

here's some additional info. I hear a clicking sound and then a dial tone when the call drops. It seems to happen randomly. Sometimes I last 30 minutes before the call drops, other times only a few minutes.

hwittenb

What you describe sounds like it could be the OBi110 falsely detecting a CPC (disconnect) signal on the pstn line. 

A CPC signal is a momentary drop in voltage on the line.  There is a setting for the "minimum duration in ms to declare a cpc signal".  The setting is PhysicalInterfaces-->LINE Port-->PSTN Disconnect Detection-->CPCTimeThreshold .  The default setting is 450ms.  I would try raising that setting to 700ms to require a slightly longer drop in voltage before disconnecting the line.

MatthewF

Thanks hwittenb. I tried that but it didn't solve the problem. I wasn't aware of these settings though. Thanks for pointing me to them. It has to be something in this section I think. So I just tried disabling DetectCPC completely. That may be overkill but I'm thinking that if it solves the problem it will tell me at least that I am on the right track. I'll be testing that tomorrow and I'll report back whether that helps any.