News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Conditional call trasfer from Line to GV

Started by Belatra, February 01, 2018, 10:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belatra

My Obi200 with ObiLine is located in another country. ObiLine is connected to local PSTN
Obi200 is registered in GV service. All calls placed from the phone, connected to Obi may go to US-Canada via GV or to local phone line
I have full access to Obi200 settings via VPN

I am looking for a way to transfer local PSTN incoming calls through GV to US numbers depending on incoming caller's CID.
Let say there are two (or more) groups of incoming CID's from foreign PSTN
If incoming caller detected CID as a member of group 1, GV transfer call to US number 1
If  a caller is a member of group 2 - call forwards to US number 2
etc.
If caller is not recognized as a member of any group - GV reject call or transfer it to VM

drgeoff

Quote from: Belatra on February 01, 2018, 10:08:05 PM
My Obi200 with ObiLine is located in another country. ObiLine is connected to local PSTN
Obi200 is registered in GV service. All calls placed from the phone, connected to Obi may go to US-Canada via GV or to local phone line
I have full access to Obi200 settings via VPN

I am looking for a way to transfer local PSTN incoming calls through GV to US numbers depending on incoming caller's CID.
Let say there are two (or more) groups of incoming CID's from foreign PSTN
If incoming caller detected CID as a member of group 1, GV transfer call to US number 1
If  a caller is a member of group 2 - call forwards to US number 2
etc.
If caller is not recognized as a member of any group - GV reject call or transfer it to VM
Most of that is relatively simple to configure.  But be aware that the original Caller IDs will be lost.  The calls to the US numbers will have your GV number as Caller ID.

1.  Put each group of PSTN numbers in a User Defined Digit Map and give each map a unique label - eg gp1, gp2 etc.  The screenshot shows how to separate them with the pipe character. (Those are some UK cold callers so I have no qualms about showing them!).

2.  Modify the LINE port InBoundCallRoute to selectively forward those digits to the relevant US numbers.  The second screenshot shows my blocked group numbers being sent to 53669.  In your case the format would be:

{(Mgp1):sp1(11111111111)},{(Mgp2):sp1(12222222222)},{()}

where 11111111111 and 12222222222 are the US numbers. The 'sp1' assumes the GV service is configured on sp1.  The {()} means that numbers not matching any in the groups will not be answered by the OBi.  OBi has no VoiceMail so you need to use the foreign PSTN provider's VM (if available) or forward the calls to somewhere else that has VM.  

Belatra

Thank you drgeoff It works  ;D
Now I would like to realize the opposite scenario
May I get dial tone from remote line and send DTMF to international PSTN through GV from my US phone?

drgeoff

Quote from: Belatra on February 03, 2018, 08:32:18 PM
Thank you drgeoff It works  ;D
Now I would like to realize the opposite scenario
May I get dial tone from remote line and send DTMF to international PSTN through GV from my US phone?
Try setting the X_InboundCallRoute of sp1 to li (ell not one) and see if that works.

However if it does, anyone calling the GV number of the OBi will get that PSTN dial tone and can make calls at your expense.  So it is advisable to restrict it to the numbers you want to call from.  If there is just one such number put it explicitly in the route

{13333333333:li}

Two or more can be done eg

{(13333333333|14444444444):li}

or put the numbers in another User Defined Digit Map with label eg pst and put

{(Mpst):li} as the X_InboundCallRoute