News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can obi100 have more than 2 lines?

Started by heny, June 24, 2013, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heny

in obi100 setup page, I only see two SP: sp1 and sp2.

Is it possible to setup more SP as backup? If so could anyone point me some setup help links?

thanks!

azrobert

If one of your SP trunks is defined as SIP you can define up to 8 more outbound only trunks via Voice Gateways.

heny

Quote from: azrobert on June 24, 2013, 07:23:59 PM
If one of your SP trunks is defined as SIP you can define up to 8 more outbound only trunks via Voice Gateways.

SP1 is gv, SP2 is configured to use nonoh.net(I think it is SIP?)

for additional line, I need outbound only. Is there any guide to set that up?

I found the obi really lacking good user guide. the admin guide http://obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm is not good to new users.

azrobert

It's very easy to define a trunk on a Voice Gateway. The harder part is setting up call routing.

This is how to setup Callcentric on a VG:

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway1
Name: Callcentric
AccessNumber: sp2(callcentric.com)
AuthUserID: 17771234567
AuthPasssword: password

You can test the VG trunk by defining a Speed Dial like this:

vg1(18005551212)

If you get this to work post back here with your requirements for routing. Like the type of phone numbers you will be routing to the VG (international or domestic). Are you currently using **2 to route numbers to SP2?

The VG does not register to your provider and some providers require registration, so this might not work.

heny

Thanks! I also found this post very helpful: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0

I don't have special requirements for routing, I want to use this as backup voip in case my voip in SP2 is down. I will be using ***3xxx to dial.

azrobert

Since this is a backup for SP2 I assume you will be dialing the same phone numbers as SP2.
You can use the following rule in your OutboundCallRoute and skip defining a DigitMap for VG3:
{(<**3:>(Msp2)):vg3}

Not a big deal, but it will save you a few key strokes.

heny

not quite understand this, I am actually put this as PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:

{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**4:>(Mvg4)):vg4},
{(<**6:>(Mvg6)):vg6},{(<**7:>(Mvg7)):vg7},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I notice the difference is that you use Msp2 while the above using Mvg3 on vg3, could you explain the difference?

thanks

azrobert

The Phone Port DigitMap gets control first and verifies the dialed number.
If the number matches one of the rules in the PP DigitMap it is passed to the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.
If the number matches one of the rules in the PP OutboundCallRoute it is routed out the specified trunk.

The following is critical in understanding the OBi configuration.
The SP and VG DigitMaps do NOTHING unless they are referenced by the Phone Port DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute.

Rule **2(Msp2) in the PP DigitMap will match any rule in Msp2 prefixed by **2.
When you dial **21805551212 you will get a match.
Rule <**2:>(Msp2) in the PP OutboundCallRoute matches the same way except it strips off the **2 before routing the number out SP2.

The normal way to setup VG1 as a backup you would set the VG1 DigitMap exactly like the SP2 DigitMap. Then add **3(Mvg1) to the PP DigitMap and <**3:>(Mvg1)... to the PP OutBoundCallRoute.

Since Msp2 and Mvg1 DigitMaps are the same you could skip defining Mvg1 DigitMap.
Then use **3(Msp2) in the PP DigitMap and <**3:>(Msp2)... in the PP OutBoundCallRoute.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. I hope it's clear.

heny

That's clear. Thanks for explaining patiently.