News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I downgrade and if so how? (from 2776 to 2774)

Started by Malachi123, June 24, 2013, 07:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi123

Ok, first some more info:
I have 2 phones, both connected to their individual obi110's.

Device x (calling it that for now) has firmware 1.3.0.2774 (was upgraded a few months ago). Works fine.
Device y has firmware 1.3.0.2776, was bought that way a few months ago. Has issues..

The issue: When I call with my cellphone to y, it rings, shows who's calling, but when I pick up y's phone, it says it connects, but my cellphone keeps ringing. SOMETIMES it does connect after a second or so.

What is wrong.. and how can this be fixed? Can I downgrade.. and if so how?

azrobert

To manually load version 2774 firmware download it here:
http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi-1-3-0-2774.fw

Go to:
System Management -> Device Update

Under Firmware Update Click Browse
Find the Firmware and Click OPEN
Click UPDATE

Malachi123

Thank you for the fast reply!  :)
I tried it out.. and it still seems to run, so.. let's see if my service will improve with this!

Thanks! (again, yes)

Ansextra

I just tried this and my Obi still shows 2776.  I've reset the device.  Am I missing something here?

Malachi123

Are you sure you hit 'upgrade'? (I know.. you probably did, but.. you just have to check every step to make sure you did everything).
Unplug the whole thing.. and plug it back in... and check the version again...

Ansextra

Tried that.  Still the same.  Can't figure this out. 
In any case, I contacted support and explained the issue I was having.
They have tried "tweaking" something remotely and also suggested I force 100 full duplex.  I've done that but as I make most of my calls during business hours and the problem is intermittent I probably won't know for a few days if it has worked or not.
I will keep you updated.  Thanks for the help.

giqcass

When I couldn't get my firmware to upgrade properly the problem ended up being a faulty copy of the firmware.  Try downloading it again and make sure the file size is correct.  I downloaded a firmware several times from the OBi website and it had the wrong file size each time.  Finally when I tried a day later with the same link I got the correct file size and the firmware worked.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Ansextra

Thanks.  I appreciate the response.
So far the full duplex setting change seems to have fixed the problem so I'm going to stay with 2776.

Clive

Thanks for the firmware link. Having nothing but problems with 2776 and obi have inserted an entry in the auto provisioning to automatically update if it's below 2776.

Not best pleased as I'm having to visit my clients to swap the boxes for 2774 versions because 2776 is causing so many problems. It's not always a case of just downgrading the firmware either. You can have a multitude of issues so it's easier to swap the box and sort it in the workshop.

The problem there is I now have a second hand box I can't offer for full retail so I'm losing money using obi. Need to find alternative boxes but even the new linksys are bad.

Can't return them for being faulty as it's obi's update that's the issue. If obi carry on like this, they'll not be worth using commercially.

In fact, I'm seriously considering just switching to IP phones altogether because of this.