News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Register expires in 4 MILLION seconds?! Obi202

Started by weborific, June 28, 2013, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weborific

Hi.
I own an Obi202 and it works well most of the time.  However, on occasion (say every 2 months) it mistakenly shows REGISTERED with my VOIP provider but my VOIP doesn't work.  Looking at the system stats it shows that the next registration will occur in over 4 MILLION seconds even though my registration period is every 120 seconds and my register expires in 180 seconds.  The Obi is plugged directly to my cable modem and acts as a router.  I still have internet access when this issue occurs.  Any clue why this happens?  I have tried several of the latest firmwares.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!  THANK YOU!!

litensten

I have the exact same issue. Happened to me twice.

Obi Tech Support told me to change registration period to 300.
Time will tell if that works at all.

weborific

Voip.ms told me to try setting both 'register expires' and 'registration period' to 300.  I'll see how it goes but don't see how this will help.  I don't think they fully read EVERYTHING I write, as they keep asking the same questions that have already been answered.  My Obi202 is connected DIRECTLY to my modem (Thomson DCM475 with Teksavvy).

Any luck on your end?

Anybody have a CONCRETE solution??  THANKS!