News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Calls work but dialpad doesn't! ???

Started by WorkFromHomeMan, July 05, 2013, 09:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkFromHomeMan

It's really simple.  I can make a call but I cannot dial the dialpad after the call is made... which is really annoying since I have conference bridge numbers I have to enter after I am on a call for work.  Also, if I call in some place and they say press 2 or whatever to make a certain menu selection I'm also out of luck.

The phone I'm using with the obi202 jis a DECT 6.0 Uniden one so is that the problem or some obi config issue? ???

lk96

One explanation for what you experience is that your connection has audio only in one direction.

One way to confirm this is by going to the local Obi config/web page under Status->Call status
and while you are on the call observe the Tx and Rx counters. If after you refresh the page
one set of counters is 0, then most likely this is the cause of your problem.

L.

WorkFromHomeMan

Ohk, I'm new to this so can you explain more step by step?

How do I know I'm in that config page exactly? is that config the local config (in which case when I type the local IP 192.168.1.132 I get the requested url was not found even though that's what my router tells me the IP of the obi device is which I presume has a config page) or the obitalk.com config page?

WorkFromHomeMan

I also did the *** then 1 to see what the IP was of the device via obi and it said it was 192.168.1.132 and when I put that in a browser I still get the no page found..?

Shale

Quote from: WorkFromHomeMan on July 05, 2013, 12:34:11 PM
I also did the *** then 1 to see what the IP was of the device via obi and it said it was 192.168.1.132 and when I put that in a browser I still get the no page found..?

Enable web access from the WAN port for your OBi:
Let a comma represent a pause.
dial ***0,30#, 1, 1

Then try the http://192.168.1.132 access.

WorkFromHomeMan

Great! almost there, now it's asking for user/password and I typed admid/admin with no avail.  is that the right default credentials?

WorkFromHomeMan

..still stuck on the login part.  It says admin@OBi202 in the login screen tooltip if that helps?? admin/admin is what the manual said which doesn't work.  :-\

azrobert

admin/admin is the factory settings, but you probably changed the password when you added your OBi to ObiTalk.

On the Dashboard under "My OBi Endpoints" click on your device.
Webpage Admin Password is what you need.

azrobert

You can try different DTMF methods.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A/B -> General -> DTMFMethod

Try RFC2833 first.

WorkFromHomeMan

K Great I'm at the status screen during a call part..
Here's a sample

Number of Active Calls: 1
Call 1             

Terminal 1   Terminal 2
Terminal ID   PHONE1   GoogleVoice1
State   connected   connected
Peer Name      
Peer Number   13122225080   13122225080
Start Time   10:33:11   10:33:11
Duration   00:00:01   00:00:04
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
Peer RTP Address      74.125.130.127:19305(relay)
Local RTP Address      192.168.1.132:6448
RTP Transport      UDP
Audio Codec      tx=G711U; rx=G711U
RTP Packetization (ms)      tx=20; rx=20
RTP Packet Count      tx=190; rx=95
RTP Byte Count      tx=32680; rx=16340
Peer Clock Differential Rate      0 PPM
Packets In Jitter Buffer      5
Packets Out-Of-Order      0
Packets (10ms) Interpolated      0
Packets Late (Dropped)      0
Packets Lost      0
Packet Loss Rate      0 %
Packet Drop Rate      0 %
Jitter Buffer Length      100 ms
Received Interarrival Jitter      0 ms
DTMF Digits Received      0
Jitter Buffer Underruns      0
Jitter Buffer Overruns      0
Sequence number discontinuities      0
skew compensation      0 ms
send silence      0

This is the number I'd usually call to get on my work bridge..
Now is there a way to make this not audio only as you said a ways back so I can use dialpad?

Thanks

azrobert

RTP Packet Count      tx=190; rx=95
RTP Byte Count      tx=32680; rx=16340

The above shows your audio is working. If you had one-way audio, one of the counts (tx or rx) would be zero.

Did you try changing the DTMF method as I suggested in my previous post?

WorkFromHomeMan

So I changed profile A setting DTMFMethod to RFC2833 and pressed submit.  Then rebooted it as it told me and it still doesn't work.  Also when I did the reboot and went back into the config page I saw that profile page DTMF Method setting went back to default!  Why doesn't it save it/keep it saved after reboot? ::)

Any idea on the above or other ideas?  I test the dialpad during a call and it still is no good.

Thanks

lk96

were you using exclusively Obitalk interface to make the changes? or you also
made some on the local web interface and some on obitalk?

if the latter, the reason for the setting not being sticky is that the obitalk network overwrites
your settings after the reboot. It's possible to disable that. But one way to work around it
is to make your changes on Obitalk if that is what you normally use.

Also, based on what you described, the setting was not effective after the reboot. So we don't
know if the DTMF method was even effective. So you have to retry it once you verify
the settings are stuck in the config of your obi after the reboot.

On why the dialpad tones are not effective: I have a very vague recollection (and I may be also wrong obviously) that when someone was using GV to dial into a conference bridge there was some issue negotiating
some of the properties of the call? something related to media negotiation. Again, very vaguely
recall that the symptom was what you see. I tried to locate the old posts quickly but couldn't. I'll
look some more but there are other knowledgeable people in here that may have that info more handy.

To test this hypothesis, you can try some other service (ie call you credit card 800 number where you need
to send tones to obtain lets say your statement balance) and see if the dial tones are recognized.
If they are for some services and not for others, it's probably the signaling/negotiation issue I mentioned above.

In my case, I recall also seeing this problem long time ago (more than 1.5years ago). But for the bridges I use these days I don't experience it anymore.

Now what can you do if you in fact hit this issue: well the only alternative I can think of is getting
some other SIP trunk/voip service and route your conference calls over that one. If you end up
going down this path, folks in this forum should be able to recommend voip/sip options. But lets first
prove/disprove the hypotheses above by getting the DTMF setting sticky after reboot, and testing
that tones work on some other services like when you call 800 #s for credict cards.

L.

WorkFromHomeMan

Wow, so I tried calling a 1800 number after changing that one setting you told me and it worked!
Then I tried calling my work bridge and it worked too!
Then a few minutes later I called the work bridge and it didn't work.   :(
Then I called the 1800 number and it worked!  ;D
Then I called the work bridge again and it worked!   :o

As of the last time I called my work bridge it has worked (about 4 times)

I checked the settings on the config and it finally shows that config change from default to rfc2833..  It's like the config change took some time to stick? It also says reboot required but I'm not going to reboot it if it works finally! ;D

I'll repost after a couple more days if it keeps on working or goes back to not working.

I appreciate all your time and effort!

azrobert

if you want to update the OBi via the WEB interface and not OBiTalk, you must turn Auto Provisioning off. If you have Auto Provisioning on, OBiTalk will overwrite changes you make.

To turn off Auto Provisioning:
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

lk96

This is the posting I mentioned in my response earlier related to
what is called "early media" support:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2357.0

L.

WorkFromHomeMan

So it's still working but sometimes when I press say, 84803 it says 84800 or like today I pressed 84811 and it kept on thinking I pressed 83811.. thoughts?

dircom

try using a different telephone (hard wired, not cordless)

azrobert

Try the other DFMFMethod settings (InBand and SIPInfo) to see if they work any better.

lk96

Play also with the X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF setting.

I had seen this behavior before and if I recall correctly it was the FreeConference.com
bridges that had sensitivity to how long you press the digits.

L.