News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

(solved) Holding calls auto disconnect after 1 minutes

Started by litensten, July 06, 2013, 12:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litensten

During a conversation, if I click flash then hangup, I can put the other party on hold (they hear nice music and I get a periodic holding ring).

However after exactly 60seconds the other party gets disconnected.

Does anyone know how I can tweak this auto disconnect time? Maybe to 5 minutes?

Thanks

NVM, I solved it. Just tweak the ring duration and problem solved.

CoalMinerRetired

I got curious, searched the admin manual and did not find a setting. 

I'll make a guess this is controlled by your SIP provider. I got even more curious and looked at CallCentric, a SIP provider I use, they have no setting that I could find to control this. CC does support call waiting, which is closely related to Call on Hold, so I'm not sure if or how they control it.

Check the settings (CC calls it a dashboard) for your SIP provider?

litensten

Tried the following, still doesn't work.

1. I talked with voip.ms. They think its Obi. But I sent them another email regarding their rtpholdtimeout setting and see what they'll say.
2. I tried setting RTP KeepAliveInterval to 30, 10, 3, and 1. (this is suppose to fix the issue, it didn't.)
3. I tried set different service provider to Anveo.com, same result.
4. I tried enabling KeepAliveServer (under SP1).
5. I tried direct connection to internet (no router).
6. I am using the latest firmare 3.0.1 (Build: 3932)

Any other ideas?
What about this "DSCPMark" setting?
Or the bunch of Timer setting under ITSP Profile-SIP?

litensten

Yup, doesn't work.
Can anyone put call on hold longer than 1 minute?

Just want to know if its my problem or obi.

Note: Call waiting isn't affect by this 1 minute cutoff. eg. You are on the call with A and put B on hold, B will not get cutoff.

martin595

The holding call should not be disconnected just after a minute. It may not properly hold or
due to error in holding system.

Huib

-DetectFarEndLongSilence
-Enable the detection of long period of voice inactivity as a trigger to end the current call

-SilenceDetectSensitivity
-PSTN line silence detection servers the purpose of determining if the PSTN peer has ended the call when silence is detected for a prolonged period (while CPC, Disconnect Tone, and Polarity Reversal signals are not available).

-SilenceTimeThreshold
-For OBi to declare that the PSTN line has gone silent, the energy level of the signal received from the far end has to fall below the threshold selected in SilenceSignalThreshold for at least a certain continuous period of time. This parameter specifies the minimum duration of this silent period in seconds.
Default setting: 60 seconds

litensten

Quote from: martin595 on July 09, 2013, 10:17:55 PM
The holding call should not be disconnected just after a minute. It may not properly hold or
due to error in holding system.

Are you able to hold longer than 1 minute?

I got people telling me the 1 minute limit is just how obi202 is designed since the hold function was only meant for me to put people on hold long enough to make another call. But I just want to put them on hold though.

Jhill1998

I am having the same issue.  Does anyone have exact details on how to solve this?

Poly tech support told me to:
1. Reset the Obi 202.
2. Buy a new Obi 202.
3. Buy a new phone.
4. Use a "cordless digital phone" and only use a 2-Line phone on Phone port 1 and only use a 1-Line phone on Phone port 2.

I tried all of their suggestions . . . even #4 *rolls eyes*.

While this is marked as solved, the only solution I see is:
Quote from: litensten on July 06, 2013, 12:49:38 AM
NVM, I solved it. Just tweak the ring duration and problem solved.

Does anyone know how this was tweaked that fixed the problem?