News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 as gateway on home wifi

Started by andq22, July 08, 2013, 07:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andq22

I have an phone running android 4.0. ObiON does not work well on my phone.
Obi202
Obi's local IP= 192.168.3.104

Goal: I would like to make outgoing calls on my android while on the home wifi(don't care about incoming) using the Obi202 as a gateway, would like to use CSipSimple or the built-in android SIP.

Would like to accomplish without using a SIP provider. Many posts use Sip2Sip to accomplish this, where I'd like to go straight to the obi(192.168.3.104:5060??).

I have read through 40+ threads and am so confused.
Any help would be appreciated.

ianobi

andq22,

This works for me on home wifi or anywhere else where there's free wifi:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6211.msg39466#msg39466

In your case you can ignore the "Incoming Calls" part of that post.

It does require that you have a sip provider set up on your OBi to "piggy back" off its SIP functions. The sip provider is not involved in the calls. If you only use it at home, then the CSipSimple Proxy URI should be set to the local ip address:UserAgentPort. Also, you may need to leave X_DiscoverPublicAddress unchecked.

giqcass

What ianobi recommends is a good solution but if you want to explore another option I recommend you check out this link.
http://www.vonagemobile.com/apps/vonage-mobile-app.php

You can use the free Vonage app to make free calls over wifi and you don't need to be a Vonage subscriber.  It also spoofs your outbound phone number so it appears you are calling from your own number.  You can set the number to be your Google Voice number, your cell phone number, your mobile number, ect..
Long live our new ObiLords!

andq22

ianobi,
I do have sip.anveo.com on SP3, so I'll be using SP3 to piggy back.
Proxy URI= 192.168.3.104:5062
followed your instructions @
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6211.msg39466#msg39466

Followed everything except..
"User Defined DigitMap "cot" should contain the CSipSimple account CallerID" not quite sure what this means. I found "User Defined DigitMap" at the bottom of the admin menu... but am not sure what needs to be done.

Calling from CSipSimple just rings my line phones (ph1). I've tried **1 1112223333, **2 1112223333, **8, and **0.

ianobi

Andq22,

Two things to sort out – "cot" and InboundCallRoute

cot – this is just a label you make up for your User Defined DigitMap, the label could be anything. In this DigitMap you put all CallerIDs that you trust to use the single-stage bridging to your outgoing services on your OBi. This is the only security you have. You could forget it altogether, but I advise not. Set it up like so:

User Settings > User Defined Digit Maps > User Defined Digit Map2 >
Label: cot
DigitMap: (12345678)

Where 12345678 is the CallerID of your CSipSimple account. In the InboundCallRoute, where you see (Mcot) the letters Mcot will be replaced by everything in the cot DigitMap. Mcot means "cot DigitMap". Now if you add or change any CallerIDs you only have to change cot.

InboundCallRoute – As you are using sp3, all the calls you make from your CSipSimple account will be processed by the sp3 InboundCallRoute. This needs to include any routes you may wish to use. I suggest a typical one for an OBi202 might be:

Voice Services > SP3 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(Mcot)>(Msp1),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(Mcot)>(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>**0:aa},{(Mcot)>0:ph,ph2},{ph,ph2}

This assumes that sp1 is your Primary Line – the one where you don't have to dial any ** codes. This rule may look slightly odd {(Mcot)>0:ph,ph2} it allows you to dial "0" from your cell phone and that will call your OBi phones at home. Very useful if you are on holiday and calling home using the hotel's free wifi   :)

It can be useful when testing these type of setups to log into your OBi local web page and check Status > Call History. This will show you if your correct CallerID is coming in on sp3 and where the calls are being routed to.

If all of the above is set up correctly, then dialling from your cell phone should be the same as dialling from your OBi phones.

Sorry in advance for my slow responses on this forum, but I am in a different time zone.