News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 202 Setup / Confusion

Started by richvj222, September 09, 2018, 08:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richvj222

Hi There,

If this is already out here, I apologize, but was unable to find it. I really could use some help configuring my OBI 202. My goal here is to have 2 phone lines (1 phone, and 1 fax) running on this device, with 2 different numbers from Google Voice.

First question, is this possible? If so, how do I do it? I have the fax machine working on the 2nd port, but cannot figure out how to get the phone up and running.

TIA

Rich

SteveInWA

Welcome to the forum...

You are describing the basic operation of a 202; nothing special.  You need two different Google/Gmail accounts; one for each Google Voice number.  Then, simply go to the OBiTALK dashboard, click on your device, and set up SP1 with Google Voice #1, and SP2 with Google Voice  #2.  During that setup procedure, you'll select SP1 to work with the Phone 1 jack, and SP2 to work with the Phone 2 jack.  Plug your voice telephone into Phone 1, and the fax machine into Phone 2.  Don't do the opposite (don't run the fax machine on Phone 1).

richvj222

Ok....Thanks. I am now up and running as I was hoping to be. My issues were - SP1 was set to the fax machine account, and I needed another cell phone # to map the 2nd google voice account to. Thanks for your help.