News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Overseas Obihai

Started by wc259327, July 26, 2013, 04:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wc259327

I have an Obihai Obi100 and Obi110 running google voice in taiwan so I could speak to family members. Currently both of them are down. I am not sure when they went down. I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with their Obihais placed overseas. TIA

Shale

I don't know the answer to your question.

I thought I would point out there is a way to make calls OBi to OBi without involving GV or a SIP provider.

Clive

drgeoff

There are two ways.  Easy and hard.  A hint for one of them is **9.  The other involves directly calling to an OBi by SIP address and may require additional complications of router port forwarding and use of a dynamic DNS service.

(To the OP.  "overseas" is an unsatisfactory relative term.  My OBi is neither in the US nor, in my opinion, overseas.)

bctm

According to Obihai, obi100 and obi110 does not work with gvoice anymore.
However, if you have ip-pbx server, you will able to configure to work.
To use Gvoice and configure thru obitalk, you will need to use obi200 or other newer of
their products.

drgeoff

Quote from: bctm on June 05, 2016, 04:02:17 PM
Poppycock and balderdash.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on June 05, 2016, 04:36:55 PM
Quote from: bctm on June 05, 2016, 04:02:17 PM
Poppycock and balderdash.

Ah, gotta love the Queen's English!

Here in the "Colonies", we'd say
bullshit! bullshit! bullshit! bullshit! bullshit! bullshit! bullshit!
The fix for OBi 100/110 devices:

• Download and save the .fw file from this link:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw
  • Pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial ***1 and write down the IP address that it reads to you.
  • Open a web browser to that address.
  • Click System Management-->Device Update-->Firmware Update-->Select file to update firmware.
  • Browse to the file you downloaded and select it.
  • Click the "Update" button.