News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls stopped working

Started by amenic, July 29, 2013, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amenic

Hey all,

I hadn't realized but my Obi100 suddenly stopped taking calls around the end of June.   The log shows the last call came in 6/27/13.   

Every time I try a test call now I get a variety of problems (I use flowroute for DID provider):

- Silence then disconnect
- Rings and then busy
- Female voice saying call cannot be completed and to try later with an error 64112

NONE of these attempted calls are being logged by the Obi100 ATA itself...   So I'm thinking they aren't making it there.

I've contacted Flow route and they are telling me that the Obi100 is giving them the busy.

I'm completely stumped.  I haven't done anything to my config and I don't even remember where or what I changed to even make incoming calls work (or if anything is even required).

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can figure this out?    I can make outgoing calls via my DID and GV accounts perfectly fine (I get dial tone etc.).   And the phone status is green when it simply won't take the calls.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-amenic

Shale

Check the logs at your SIP provider.

Check the SIP status report.

Check the Calls History (CDR) report.

Jackson

"I can make outgoing calls via my DID and GV accounts perfectly fine (I get dial tone etc.).   And the phone status is green when it simply won't take the calls."

So you even have the problem with GV?

amenic

I don't use GV for incoming calls just outgoing on SP2.

I'm starting to wonder if one of my kids in playing with the phone accidentally enabled some kind of config that disabled incoming calls.

Anyone know if this is possible or have a comprehensive list on the commands available from the handset plugged into the OBi?

*starts digging*

Here's my exact problem:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6165.0

Going to check DND..

Thanks!

artmirza

find your obi ip address.
dial *** and then 1

write down your ip address set of numbers with dots.

from any computer directly connected to ur router ( non wireless connection )
open new browser window type in your obi ip address
use "admin" as user name and "admin" as password
click on star code A will give you list of all star codes.

do not disturb *78 and disable do not disturb *79 solved my problem

be careful what changes you make here

amenic

This is actually a really great point and I was eager to try this out (had to get home from work).

But unfortunately not the problem :(

The only thing I can think of is that I use VoiceMac on my OS X machine to plug into my GV account.  I had recently plugged in the SIP creds of my VOIP provider to test it out.   I'm wondering if somehow obitalk.com settings were changed via API calls from VoiceMac?

Anyways here's how I fixed it from obitalk.com:

1.)  Click on Endpoint (that you want to use)
2.)  Click on "OBi Expert configuration" (click OK)
3.)  Click on "Enter OBi Expert"
4.)  Click on "setup wizard" (this is just a simplified form with the crucial settings identified - pretty neat feature really.
5.) Change ITSP InboundCallRoute to ph
6.) Change OBiTALK InboundCallRoute to ph
7.) Submit
8.) Wait 15 seconds
9.) Test
10.) ???
11.) Corndogs @ 11

-amenic