News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuring second Callcentric DID to ring to different phone port

Started by Longinus, June 12, 2013, 07:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longinus

I have an OBi202. I set up like this using OBitalk.com:

SP1 = GV
SP2 = CC1
SP3 = CC2

Incoming Calls

Phone 1: SP1, SP3
Phone 2: SP2

But when I test it both CC DIDs ring on the same phone 2 port. It's like both CC #'s have to be linked together. I can have them both ring on phone 1 or phone 2, but not separately. What am I doing wrong?

Hortoristic

Not sure if you figured this out - but I think CC is SIP calling, right?  So you have something like below in your DID forwarding in CC:

19142999999@mylilyorkies.com:5061

Try controlling what is ringing by messing with the port number 5061 for DID1 on CC, 5062 for DID2 on CC - I think this will then redirect which SP is catching your incoming calls on.

giqcass

Did you set up registration for the Callcentric accounts or are you using forwarding of some type?
Long live our new ObiLords!

CoalMinerRetired

The Call History log will be all telling here, it should confirm what you are seeing, i.e., show an incoming call from SPx ring Ph1 and/or Ph2.

Call History: Not viewable via the ObiTalk Portal. You have to access via the Web Server-Based Local Configuration  (also called The OBi Device Management Web Page also called direct IP address interface), How to link.

For determining which phone rings, the controlling fields are under Voice Services > SPx Service > X_InboundCallRoute. For this you need to go into Expert Mode in the ObiTalk portal. However, these *should be* set correctly via the non-export mode wizard when you setup during GV and the two CCs.

Another point, are you using CC's new extensions, or two separate CC DID numbers?  CC Extensions use this format for your 1777 CC number: 17771112222999 where 17771112222 is your main CC number (note not your DID number) and 999 is the extension.

The Obi202 field for this is found at SIP Credentials > AuthUserName in the Obi SPx Service web page. CC has an updated (for extensions) explanation here, scroll down to ParameterName > AuthUserName.

Longinus

Thanks all. I figured out what was wrong with help from CC tech support. The secret is to use CC's Extensions (subaccount) feature (like CoalMinerRetired says) then use CC's Call Treatments to send incoming phone calls to the proper extension. I have to assign each DID to a separate Extension e.g. 100, 101, 102, etc.. Then using Call Treatments I program incoming phone calls to each DID to be sent to their respective Extensions. Then its a simple matter of assigning an Extension to SP1, SP2, SP3 in OBi dashboard using the CC account number 1777xxxxxxx (Extension 100 doesn't require a suffix), 1777xxxxxxx101, 1777xxxxxxx103 etc..

It's a bit confusing at first but it allows a great deal of control over where and how the calls are routed on multiple devices.