News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 blocks IP phone

Started by Agent88, July 31, 2013, 06:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent88

I have an IP phone (Cisco SPA303) that worked fine with my ITSP (Anveo) prior to installing my Obi202.  Now all calls go through the ATA device, which is NOT what I want.  Somehow I must have configured the 202 incorrectly, and I can't figure out how to unravel this mess.  I want the IP phone to connect directly to my ITSP primary account and my ATA device to connect to my secondary ITSP account.   Same ITSP, different account numbers.  I DO NOT WANT TO USE GV.  A little help, please.

Shale

With one account, you are given a Username and Password that you put into the OBi. You are saying you get different username with the secondary.

The username makes its way into
Voice Services>SP1 Services>SIP Credentials>AuthUserName and AuthPassword.
You could check the local web page to make sure that it is the secondary username being used rather than an inadvertent copy of the primary. If it is wrong, you probably want to do the changing with OBiTalk.

To enable access on the "Internet" port for your OBi and get the IP address:
Let a comma represent a pause.
dial ***0,30#, 1, 1
Your OBi should read your current IP number to you. It is often
192.168.__.__ or 10.0.__/.___ where __ represents some numbers. Write
that down.
It is the 30# that enables the  "Internet" port to hit the webpage.

Agent88

1)...SP1 username is set correctly.  The problem seems to be that SP2 is set to my IP phone's username account.  How do I change that?
2)...Support reply to my query resulted in no more than giving me a link to an article on how to set up my Obi202 to connect through GV gateway.  I get no answer when I ask if using GV gateway is required for a device that I do not want going thru my ATA device.  (I don't see why it would)
3)...How do I set up my Obi202 to work only with my Anveo secondary account?

Shale

Using OBiTalk, click into your OBi. Delete the SP2 setup by clicking the trashcan image for SP2.

You could just go to expert mode, and go to Voice Service> SP2 Service> Enable. That alternative would also ensure that SP2 was not subject to SIP scanners. OBi made some nice improvements to thwart SIP scanners, but I have not checked how that applies when you delete an SP.

Agent88

That may be the problem.  I set up SP2 as Anveo E911 service.  Not sure what deleting this will do, but I will give it a try.  The use of SP1/SP2, Primary Phone 1/2, and SpDial 1/2 is confusing.  One day I will hopefully understand it all.

The reason I bought the Obi202 is to provide digital to analog conversion of my subscribed VoIP service so that I can connect to my fax machines.  I don't need the Obi202 to provide a gateway to my IP phone.... the IP phone can connect to my Voip service without it.  Why is this so difficult?

Shale

If you have an Anveo account with 911, you don't have to have 2 SPs for Anveo on the OBi. Just tell OBiTalk that the SP you are using does the 911. Remember you can test the 911 setup with 933.

I don't know if both of your accounts have 911. I suspect yes, but if not, you can work it out to use the account with the 911 where it is needed.

Agent88

Success! (So far)... 911 test complete for the IP phone, and I can make and receive calls.

Now for the Obi202... I have a fax machine hooked to Phone 2 port, and when I call the secondary account number, it rings the fax machine.  This is good.

Problem remaining is that the analog phone I have hooked to phone port 1 no longer rings, although it has a dial tone.  My guess is that e911 is not configured as the reason.  I noticed in the dashboard phone port config summary that phone 1 shows "Not configured" in both Primary outgoing and e911, with the other boxes blank.  Phone 2 shows Primary outgoing, incoming rings, and v/m as SP1, with e911 "Not configured".  This is confusing.  What do I do to configure Phone port 1?

And as to e911 service, yes... both accounts are provisioned with e911.  This is where the problem must have been started:  when I click on the button "Anveo E911 Signup", I am directed to a page where the only choice is SP2 or greater.  I am not falling into the trap of deja vue all over again.

>>>I just checked my Anveo account and both accounts show e911 service and SIP registered.  I may be narrowing down the issue... ObiTalk is not configuring e911 for the ATA device.  If I ask it to manually, (via the button mentioned above), then it will set up e911 as SP2.  I am reluctant to do this.  When I check e911 on this line, it reports successful.  Ain't that a blast!  I have a phone that (almost) works on phone port 1, but no incoming.

I just had a thought.... I could plug the analog phone into the line out of the fax machine as a work-around.  Still wonder what to do about that Phone 1 port.

Shale

Quote from: Agent88 on July 31, 2013, 08:26:07 PM
Problem remaining is that the analog phone I have hooked to phone port 1 no longer rings, although it has a dial tone.  My guess is that e911 is not configured as the reason.  I noticed in the dashboard phone port config summary that phone 1 shows "Not configured" in both Primary outgoing and e911, with the other boxes blank.  Phone 2 shows Primary outgoing, incoming rings, and v/m as SP1, with e911 "Not configured".  This is confusing.  What do I do to configure Phone port 1?

And as to e911 service, yes... both accounts are provisioned with e911.  This is where the problem must have been started:  when I click on the button "Anveo E911 Signup", I am directed to a page where the only choice is SP2 or greater.  I am not falling into the trap of deja vue all over again.

I think you have no reason to click on "Anveo E911 Signup".

So SP1 is Anveo secondary. As far as I can determine, you would only use SP1 at this point. Delete the others if this matches your thinking.

Then on the setup for SP1 ,.

Make This Service the Primary Line to Call Out From [ x ] Phone 1 [ x ]Phone 2
Incoming Calls Will Ring On                         [ x ] Phone 1 [ x ]Phone 2
Voicemail Notification(Optional)                    [ x ] Phone 1 [   ]Phone 2
7-Digit Dialing for USA & CAN (Optional)           [              ]
Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls           [ x ]

So calls on this number will ring both the phone 1 and the fax on phone 2.  Whichever picks up first will handle the call.

Only Phone 1 gets a voice mail indication if any.

The fact that you told OBi that SP1 has 911, then it will do the 911.

Note: The Phone 1 jack has BOTH phone lines on it. Since the phone probably has no connections on line 2 of the jack, this will probably not bite you.

Agent88

You know your stuff!  Works like a charm now.  Thanks.