News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

See the ObiWifi_Setup but it won't let me log in

Started by RunsWithPixels, August 02, 2013, 11:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RunsWithPixels

Got my Mom an Obitalk 202.  Setting it up for her but wifi interface is giving me the proverbial finger. I click on the "ObiWifi_Setup" network and I do get the log in pop up. Tried using the default of "Admin" and "Admin" for the user/pass but it's telling me its incorrect.  WTH???  It's a new unit!!!

Shale

RunsWithPixels

Yep, sure did. Even tried another computer.  It's giving me a '401 Not Authorized' page when using the default "admin "admin" (user/pass).  SOOO FRUSTRATED especially since I have another box on our network!   ???

RunsWithPixels

Certainly, I can't be the ONLY one who's experienced this? Could someone please offer the solution or I'm going to have to send the unit back?  Thank you.

RFord

Quote from: RunsWithPixels on August 07, 2013, 01:16:02 PM
Certainly, I can't be the ONLY one who's experienced this? Could someone please offer the solution or I'm going to have to send the unit back?  Thank you.

Sounds like some form of a threat...either you help me or I will send the unit back.  Who cares if you send the unit back?

OBi-Guru

The password might have been changed from the default admin to something else that you might have set up on your OBi202 device configuration (from obitalk.com).  That would be the password that you need to use.  The username is still correct being admin.

RunsWithPixels

So, what do I do to reset it? I've tried using a paperclip to get it back to default settings and still no go.

drgeoff

Quote from: RunsWithPixels on August 10, 2013, 12:05:07 PM
So, what do I do to reset it? I've tried using a paperclip to get it back to default settings and still no go.
You are pressing the reset button for at least 10 seconds?  Do the LEDS then flash as described in the Admin Guide:

"LED Pattern When Hardware Reset Button Is Pressed for Ten (10) Seconds:

Power LED blinks green slowly for 5 seconds and fast for 4 seconds preceeding unit reboot. "