News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't dial out on landline with Obi110

Started by PSU77, August 05, 2013, 04:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSU77

I have had an Obi110 for almost a year with no problems.  Today, I can't dial out through the land line.  I get the message "Your call cannot be completed with the access code you dialed".   I can receive calls and I can call out on using **1 through my obi.

If I dial # and get a dial tone, I can get a call to go through my land line through the Obi .   Any suggestions on how to fix this so I don't have to dial #.

Thanks
Mike

PSU77

Here's some more information that I found in the configuration that might be causing my problem on dialing out.

Under Interfaces - Line - Digit Map has the following entry with a red ! next to it (<10>[2-9]xxxxxx|xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Is there something wrong with this setting?

ianobi

Yes, that certainly would give you problems! The default digit map is:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Somehow, this extra rule has been added <10>[2-9]xxxxxx It says that after any seven digits starting with 2 to 9 has been dialled, prepend "10" to the number. I've no idea how the rule got there, but you really don't want it!

It depends how you use your landline, but I would recommend this as a general setup:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|011xx.|xx.)

It allows eleven, ten and seven digit dialling. Also 011xx. allows international numbers and xx. matches anything else. Note that 011xx. and xx. add a ten second delay while OBi waits to see if you have finished dialling.

To make changes select your Obi in Obi Dashboard, then Obi Expert Configuration, then Enter Obi Expert. In each case where you want to change a value, first uncheck both the boxes to the right of that value and leave them unchecked. When you have finished making changes on each page, press submit and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Don't worry about the red ! it just shows that changes from default have been made.

PSU77

Agent88

Quote from: ianobi on August 06, 2013, 05:36:51 AM
Yes, that certainly would give you problems! The default digit map is:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Somehow, this extra rule has been added <10>[2-9]xxxxxx It says that after any seven digits starting with 2 to 9 has been dialled, prepend "10" to the number. I've no idea how the rule got there, but you really don't want it!

My DigitMap is just like PSU77's... and I just set up my OBi110 yesterday using default settings.  I have not had a chance to use it yet, so I don't know if there are any problems, but if I do, I will change this setting.

Thanks for the heads up!

wvoc

Just wanted to add my thanks to ianobi!

Had the same problem, this fixed me up. Very strange why it changed suddenly since I hadn't touched my settings in half a year+. Maybe its not such a good thing Obi has direct access to my settings? Changing my password and moving off Obinet is the project for the weekend.

willmw

I haven't touched this setting either, but it shows I have the same map with default unchecked. For me, it seems to work.  Odd.