News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voice mail

Started by capekid, April 11, 2011, 09:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capekid

Unanswered calls not going to voice mail. Rings a number of times and then cuts off. I have standard setup GV for SP1 and a VOIP provider for SP2.

Please help

RonR

The OBi doesn't provide voicemail.  Google Voice voicemail should pick up after 25 seconds of your not answering the call.  Voicemail for your VoIP provider would be through them.

The OBi may be able to inform you of the presence of voicemail at your provider(s) :  VMWI / Voicemail Waiting Indicator.

jrinco11

Do you have the auto attendant turned on?  If so, the obihai device will actually be answering your call, so there's no "reason" for the call to go to voicemail (since it was technically answered).  I was just trying to figure out this issue for my own setup and I think turning off the auto attendant is the only way to have GV voicemail work. 

edit:  yep, looks like this is indeed the case (assuming you have the auto attendant enabled).  see more at this thread:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=539.0

RonR

jrinco11,

By default, the OBi is configured to ring the PHONE Port when any call comes into the OBi.  While the OBi's PHONE Port is ringing, the incoming call remains unanswered.  If nothing connected to the OBi's PHONE Port picks up, the incoming call will not be answered by the OBi in any way.  Only if something on the OBi's PHONE Port takes action (like a human picking up the phone or an answering machine taking the call) will the incoming call be answered and bridged to the OBi's PHONE Port.  By default, the Auto Attendant does not come into play and does not automatically answer incoming calls.  There is no need to disable the Auto Attendant.

bruss

This is not the case.. I am trying to extend my voice mail pickup timer on callcentri and the obi will terminate the call to PHONE1 and i hear beep beep......beep beep......beep beep then it hangs up..

it seems 30 seconds is about as long as i can set my call centric vm trigger otherwise OBI answers the call.. I have even unplugged my phone port.

Call 1 08/03/2011    15:45:27  
Terminal ID SP2 PHONE1
Peer Name Ben Russell  
Peer Number 1xxx9976  
Direction Inbound Inbound
15:45:27 Ringing Forking to:PHONE1,SP2,SP2
15:45:57  Call Connected
15:46:16  End Call