News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 and Intercom

Started by ianst, August 13, 2013, 07:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianst

Hi all,

For anyone still interested, I've now got this working.

The BT1 box is connected from it's phone socket into the LINE socket on the OBI110.

Now, when someone presses the buzzer by the gate, the incoming PSTN call is accepted by the OBI and routed by SP1 to my Asterisk server and onto the SIP house phones.

Now I need to just configure the OBI to wait 15 seconds for no answer then route the call via SP2 to a mobile phone number over VOIP.

This will then give me what I need!
Someone presses the buzzer by the gate, all the SIP phones in the house ring. If we don't answer after 15 seconds it rolls over to the mobile phones over VOIP/PSTN!

Cheers

Ian

ianobi

Ian,

There are two ways to achieve what you want.

1. Use "CallForwardOnNoAnswer". This can be set to operate after a set number of rings. It can be set using Star Codes, but this is complicated as the number to forward to has to be set in Trunk Format. In your example sp2(07123456789). Where 07123456789 is your mobile phone number. Your voip provider may need the number in international format. Search forum for examples.

2. My preferred method would be to change your InboundCallRoute as follows:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
{ph,sp2(07123456789;d=15)}

Or if your config is presently {sp1) to route to your Asterisk then this may be the way to go:
{sp1,sp2(07123456789;d=15)}

This will ring the phone port / sp1, then after 15 seconds the incoming call will be forked to the mobile phone number using sp2. This is easier to set up and has the advantage that the house phones keep ringing until the call is answered by either a house phone or the mobile phone. So, if you are feeling a bit slow around the house and take 20 seconds to answer, then you can still pick up a house phone!

I guess there's a limit on how long the BT1 puts out ringing, so you might adjust the delay (d=15) to suit your needs.

It's good to see such an interesting project up and running   :)