News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup Question

Started by TripleRRR, August 13, 2013, 09:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleRRR

Started setting up the OBi at the office. I don't have a normal line phone available, as we use Cisco IP phones. To add a device to my OBi account, I need to dial the numbers showed on the account, but I can't even do that due to me having to dial through my IP phone, and it registers the **9 as an 8, so a different number is dialed. My question was, should I get a simple line phone just to link my device to y OBi account or can I do it using my IP phone?

**My IP is powered by the Ethernet cable that goes into my wall at the office, so when I plug that directly to the Obi device, it doesn't power on. It also can't plug in a normal phone cable to it.

Thank you for your time.

dircom

Take it home to set it up with a regular phone.  Then it should work almost anywhere with an internet connection.

Shale

TripleRRR, if you don't have an analog phone at the office, what will the OBi do for you there? I can think of some answers (such as transferring calls to/from a SIP phone), but it normally is used with an attached analog phone.

Regarding setting up without a phone, you could use OBiTalk to do setting up. I am thinking that you might not have to have a phone handy if you have internet access to the OBi. If you want to do some phone things at the office, check the fax machines. One of those might be analog, and you could use that.

On the other hand, you can buy a new analog phone for under $10 in a low price store. Your friends have unused ones at home.

TripleRRR

Thanks again for the answers. It looks like I will have to take it home and set it up, or just buy a cheap phone to do it at the office.