News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Suddenly, all calls to local landline numbers go to telco operator.

Started by wvoc, August 16, 2013, 02:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvoc

I submitted a ticket on this but I thought I'd check with the community as this is a weird one.

I have an Obi110 that has been working fine and settings untouched for more than 6 months. It is setup to default dial on my PSTN line. **1 and **2 are used to access my VoIP services.

All of a sudden, all calls to local landlines I make through the Obi 110 go to the telco operator (like dialing 0). If I unplug the phone line from the Obi 110 and direct plug in my phone to the PSTN line, the calls go though fine.

The strange thing is calls to non-landline numbers go through fine. By that I mean calls to mobile phones have no issues. Only calls that are to local landlines. I suspect this has something to do with local landline numbers not needing (and cannot use) an area code, whereas mobile phones require dialing an area code.

My VoIP services do not seem to be effected, I have received and made calls through the VoIP services fine, just like normal and I can reach the **9 echo test with no issues.

Any idea how this could've happened and how to fix it? Thanks!

ianobi

wvoc,

Access your local OBi web page. IP address can be found by dialling ***1. User Name and Password will both be "admin".

Look at Status > Call History. This will show the digits you have dialled from the phone and what digits are being sent to line. This should give some clues as to what is happening.

wvoc

Awesome info ianobi, thank you!!

Ok, so it seems Obi is adding a '10' in front of local landline numbers. No idea how this happened as I have not touched the settings in at least 6 months. I think a password change is in order.

The question though now, is how do I fix this?

Edit: All right fixed it. In Obinet, under Physical Interfaces->Line->DigitMap there was a '<10>' in front of the string. Unchecked the thing twice and erased the <10> and now its working.

Still unclear as to how this got put in there to begin with, but changing my password now.

ianobi

I have no idea why, but this is happening to quite a few OBi110 users just now. See this thread:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6424.msg40683#msg40683

I'm not sure how the wrong Line Port DigitMap is getting into the OBi110 as there has not been a firmware upgrade for a while.

Obihai, please note!

QBZappy

Quote from: ianobi on August 16, 2013, 08:03:08 AM
I have no idea why, but this is happening to quite a few OBi110 users just now.

Looks like the OBiTALK Auto Provisioning at work.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

QBZappy,

Yes, that is most likely the common factor here. It's odd that it is inserting this rule <10>[2-9]xxxxxx which is no good to anyone as far as I can see!