News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Different Rings for two CallCentric DID's

Started by tvBilly, August 18, 2013, 02:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvBilly

(Obi200)

I have two providers. Google Voice is setup on SP1, and CallCentric is setup on SP2. I have managed to figure out how to give each a distinctive ring, (via setting Voice Services>SPx Service>X_RingProfile appropriately), allowing me to know which provider (i.e., which phone number) is sending me the call, by its ring. Works just fine.

However, my CC provider going into SP2 actually is supplying me with two DID numbers. I'm pretty sure that Obi can tell the difference because looking in the Call History, I can see which of the two CC DIDs is responsible for an incoming call.

But I haven't been able to figure out how to provision the Obi200 to provide different rings for the two CC DIDs both coming in on SP2.

Any help would be appreciated.  ;D

hwittenb

My knowledge about setting different ring patterns is limited but with a reading of the Obi Admin Guide and a review of possible OBi settings the following seems possible:

CallCentric allows you to setup multiple extensions with a unique registration for each extension.  CallCentric also allows you to assign a DID to one of your specific extensions.

You apparently have two unused SPx configurations on your OBi202.  You could use one of the unused SPx configurations to allow you to setup one SPx for one DID, another SPx for the other DID. 

As you know you can setup a specific default ring pattern for each SPx.  You assign the Spx to a specific Ring Profile A or B, and within each Ring Profile you can set the Ring Pattern for the default ring (X_DefaultRing).  Some of the ring patters are used for other rings such as Call On Hold, Repeat Dial, Barge In, and Call Park, but that is only 4 of the 10 possibilities.

tvBilly

Thanks for the tip, now that I'm back home I have some more detective work to do with regard to CallCentric functions, and I'll ask them about how to use their extensions function. (I'd also like to know how to get CC to return a busy signal to a caller rather than VM or an error message).

Anyway, I'm inferring from your message that the only way to specify a ringtone is via the setting in the Voice Services>SPx Service>X_RingProfile. If so, wouldn't that limit me to two ringtones anyway, since I have to use the A or B ring profiles to provide the different rings via the X_DefaultRing setting in each of them. Not sure how I can get a third different ring via the two ring profiles. But I need to read the admin manual about this, and look at the available settings. Nevermind, I read the manual and I can specify which ring I want the X_DefaultRing to be.

More when I figure this out, or fail even more spectacularly.

tvBilly

You hit the nail right on the head hwittenb. All is working 100%. Here's how:

Setup an extension on your CallCentric account. It's really straightforward and there's help. Note the username and password you create for this extension.

Go online to the ObiTalk Dashboard>Configure Voice Service Providers (SP) and create another CallCentric account in an unused Obi SP. Use the username and password you used when you setup the extension on CallCentric. If you made any changes to your Primary CallCentric SP settings, you should take that into account and make the appropriate changes to your new CallCentric SP. Or just setup the new Obi SP for CallCentric however you setup your primary SP.

Once your new SP shows up as "Registered", go back to CallCentric and do one of two things:

(1) Setup a Call Treatment that redirects calls to the new extension when the called number is *whatever DID number you want to be directed to your new Obi SP*

OR

(2) Setup Preferences>DID Forwarding to send calls from the secondary DID to the new extension.

Now all calls to the Primary CallCentric DID will come into one Obi SP, and calls to the Secondary CallCentric DID will come into a different Obi SP.

This opens lots of possibilities, the least of which was to allow me to finally get a different ring for three different DIDs I happen to have. Now I'm thinking about (when I'm not home) being able to call into one CC DID and have the Obi call out on the other SP when I want to make international calls. :)

As always, thanks for the help; this is a nice place.