News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

NEED HELP CONNECTING (2) OBI110 FOR REMOTE PAGING ACCESS

Started by miteldavid, August 19, 2013, 08:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

Another test to isolate problems between the #2 OBi and PA is to use a phone connected to the #2 OBi phone port and dial "#". This should connect you directly to the Line Port without sending out any digits, so you should get the PA dial tone.

Shale

Quote from: miteldavid on August 21, 2013, 12:16:08 AM

The OBi paging method seem to work better I could call OBi110 #2 call is picked up automatically. after page tone, I was able to get intercom dial tone from Simplex PA system and dial Simplex feature code and access paging feature. The only problem under this scenario when I would hang up the phone the Simplex PA system would remain off hook and waiting for disconnect signal.
I suggest that you look at the Line Port Status on OBi110 #2 after you have hung up but the Simplex PA has not recognized that.

You can search for "Port status, such as on-hook, off-hook, ringing" in the admin guide. Example images are above that string.

QBZappy

ian,

Quote from: ianobi on August 21, 2013, 08:57:32 AM
Another test to isolate problems between the #2 OBi and PA is to use a phone connected to the #2 OBi phone port and dial "#". This should connect you directly to the Line Port without sending out any digits, so you should get the PA dial tone.

miteldavid has already confirmed this.

Quote from: miteldavid on August 21, 2013, 12:16:08 AM
I connected my test set to phone port of OBi110 #2 when go off hook and dial # I'm immediately connected to Simplex PA intercom dial tone and able to dial any Simplex feature code access page feature. Works like a champ in this scenario.

Edit:
Pressing # bypasses the OBi and communicates directly with the PA system.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

QBZappy,

I should read more carefully - at this rate I'll never get a job at Obihai   :)

ianobi

QuoteObi110 #2 Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {li}

This is pretty much the exact equivalent of dialling "#" from the #2 OBi Phone Port. It simply connects the calling party to line. I suspect that there is something odd about the speed dial format - digits or some sort of tones are being sent out to line as soon as #2 OBi seizes the line. Call History may well solve this one.

I would not use speed dial slot 1 as this is reserved for the softphone. Go for some neutral slot like 5.

Shale

Quote"The OBi paging method seem to work better I could call OBi110 #2 call is picked up automatically. after page tone, I was able to get intercom dial tone from Simplex PA system and dial Simplex feature code and access paging feature. The only problem under this scenario when I would hang up the phone the Simplex PA system would remain off hook and waiting for disconnect signal."
I was interpreting that to say the big problem now was to get the PA to realize the call was done.

ianobi

Shale,

The problem is if the OBi is in paging mode, then the OBi Phone Port stays off hook all the time, it will never give a disconnect signal.

Using the Line Port with the OBi not in paging mode should work fine as described in my simulation. When #1 OBi hangs up it will release the call through #2 OBi to the PA.

miteldavid

QBzappy,

I tried setting up On the OBi2  DTMF to 'inband' (Service Providers->ITSP Profile X->General->DTMFMethod). also tried playing around DTMF settings with no success But with same results. I can call from Obi1 and monitor line at OBi2 and hear a ring, tone or voltage that breaks loop on Simplex PA system then connected to line. At stage no intercom dial tone and Simplex PA system in dumb mode waiting. Caller on OBi1 hears one ring and OBi2 picks up and silence. begin to dial simplex access code and get error tone from simplex PA system. Its is connecting to Simplex but something when the OBi 2 is called that ring, tone or voltage on the line port is setting off Simplex before being connected. If I could get rid of that little tone this setup would be working. Thanks for all efforts!

Ianobi,

call history report on OBI1.

Call 1--------------- 08/21/2013-----12:13:08----------  
Terminal ID ----------PHONE1 -------------------------SP2
Peer Name ---------  blank ----------------------------blank
Peer Number---------100-------------------------------av@10.100.11.5:5061
Direction------------ Outbound------------------------ Outbound
12:13:08------------ New Call--------------------------blank  
12:13:11  -----------blank------------------------------Call Connected
12:13:19------------ End Call---------------------------blank  

call history report for OBi2

Call 1 --------------------08/21/2013-------12:42:35 ----------
Terminal ID ---------------SP2---------------------------------- LINE1
peer Name  ---------------blank---------------------------------blank
Peer Number --------------district -------------------------------av
Direction ------------------Inbound ------------------------------Outbound
12:42:35 ------------------Ringing  ------------------------------blan
12:42:38-------------------blank   ------------------------------Call Connected
12:42:53 ------------------End Call------------------------------blank

I programmed hotline setup. Same results. I used a simple set up from a post I read! but maybe there is somthing wrong with this set up and should be using your set up caonfig! Thanks for all efforts!

For Hotline

On both OBi110s:

Replace Physical Interfaces -> Phone port -> DigitMap:
(<S0:100>)

On OBi110#1:
Replace Physical Interfaces -> Phone port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{100:sp2(av@10.100.11.5:5061)}

On OBi110#2:
Replace Physical Interfaces -> Phone port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{100:sp2(anything@10.5.1.6:5061)}

ianobi

Take a leap of faith and use my config from reply #6. I have tried it and it works. The problem with the configs you are trying is that instead of simply seizing the #2 OBi line port, you are sending digits / tones through the port as you seize it.

Mostly the setup is ok. You just need to send nothing! That way you will get the PA dial tone.

It's getting late in my time zone - I'm hoping for good news in the next 30 mins or maybe in the morning   :)

If it works as it does for me it is instant, so you pick up #1 OBi phone and get dial tone. The only way to prove it is PA dial tone is to dial digits and see if it works.

Edit: To give it the best chance use:

#2 OBi
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{li}

We can build in the security later.

QBZappy

miteldavid

Dialing '#' first seems to me like a false positive. This by passes the OBi and talks directly to the PA system. I don't think David has succeeded in dialing using the phone attached to the OBi2 directly. Until he succeeds on this leg, I suspect that the OB1=>OBi2 leg of the trip will not work.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

QBZappy,

Have faith! My setup described in reply #19 is exactly the same as the one miteldavid is using. Any incoming call that ends in an InboundCallRoute "{li} is doing the same thing as pressing "#" from the Phone Port. All that's needed is for no digits or codes to be sent along to {li} which confuse the PA system.

I have a beer on standby for purposes of celebration   :D

QBZappy

miteldavid

Ianobi,

crack open that beer! you are the man, I followed your instructions from post six and it worked! I have some echoing going on when paging I can hear myself through handset but not over PA. I'm sure there is a some type fix for that small issue.

#1 OBi:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 87654321
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_UserAgentPort : 5473
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : Whatever

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap:
(<:@192.168.1.10:5471>)

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > OutboundCallRoute
{(@@.):sp2}

#2 OBi:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 12345678
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_UserAgentPort : 5471
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : Anything

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(87654321):li}

It worked so well that I installed and connected the OBi1 telephone port to Mitel VOIP system trunk port and programmed and set up access code. Now users can dial access code and connect to trunk port and page over head to elementary school #1 (OBi2) from any phone connected to VOIP system through out school district. I will be installing six more OBi110 through out district and connecting them to same type of PA system. I cant thank you enough for all the help. This a great Forum and you guys who contribute time and efforts to test, teach and inform are doing a great service to those who need the help and ObiTalk. Great job guys!!!!!!!!

ianobi

miteldavid,

I'm glad it's working for you. The good news came too late in my time zone, but I drank the beer anyhow   :)

The echo is probably due to a volume or impedance mismatch between #2 OBi Line Port and the PA. If you look at Line Port > Port Settings you can change ACImpedance, ChannelTXGain and Channel RXGain to suit the PA port.

The basic setup has other uses. I have used it to provide a PBX extension. I will look further into refining it. Maybe two way working?

In my reply #6 "Option" might be fun. Using the OBiTALK network you can call into the PA from anywhere in the world. The School Principal could be on holiday in Bermuda and use his OBiON App from a cell phone and make announcements on the PA - scary for teachers and students  8)

QBZappy

Shale

Nice!!!!
Quote from: ianobi on August 22, 2013, 02:08:19 AM
The echo is probably due to a volume or impedance mismatch between #2 OBi Line Port and the PA. If you look at Line Port > Port Settings you can change ACImpedance, ChannelTXGain and Channel RXGain to suit the PA port.

miteldavid, trying all of the ACImpedance settings is worthwhile. Let's hope you get some great reduction. The volumes can be useful too. The values are from -12 dB to +12dB.
In my reply #6 "Option" might be fun. Using the OBiTALK network you can call into the PA from anywhere in the world.

Ianobi, suppose you were a student hacker, would you be able to crack into this if you had been able to copy the OBi number from OBi #2? This system sounds like an attractive target.

ianobi

Shale,

QuoteIanobi, suppose you were a student hacker, would you be able to crack into this if you had been able to copy the OBi number from OBi #2? This system sounds like an attractive target.

I agree, students would love to have some fun with this system. The OBiTALK option should be the most secure as is should be restricted to "allowed" OBi devices and I don't think that you can spoof an OBiTALK number:

Quote#2 OBi
Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{(200111111|200222222|200333333):li}

Only OBi devices 200111111, 200222222 and 200333333 are allowed to call into #2 OBi.

There is slightly more danger of the direct IP calling method being hacked. You can set up a rogue OBi and put anything in the AuthUserName which is the CallerID as far as #2 OBi is concerned. In my example #2 OBI accepts calls only from CallerID 87654321, which is AuthUserName of #1 OBi. There's nothing to stop another OBi having the AuthUserName 87654321. I think that you can use any combination of letters and digits to create a really hard to hack AuthUserName, but take care to avoid "reserved" letters.

In this example we are coming in on sp2 and going out to line. This is single-stage through dialling (even though we are only getting as far as dial tone initially). So far, I can not see any way to work the Oleg method into this type of setup.