News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

10 digit dialing on SP1 & 11 digit dialing on SP2

Started by threehappypenguins, August 19, 2013, 08:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threehappypenguins

I don't really understand what I'm doing, and I can only copy and paste (that is to the extent of my understanding).

What would I do in the expert config that I can make the dialing rules to be 10 digit dialing on SP1 & 11 digit dialing on SP2?

Shale

My original always puts leading 1 for 10-digit numbers. Your starting point may differ:

(933|*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)
ISTP Profile A General: DigitMap

Modified to always only put 10 digit dialing:
(933|*xx|<1:>xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

ISTP Profile A General: DigitMap is probably already set to use 11- digits out.

So if the 1 is dialed followed by 10 more digits, delete the 1. If 10 digits are dialed that don't start with 1, pass it through without adding a 1.

If the above is not sufficient, paste  a copy of the existing values of the strings you currently have that you propose to modify.

If you want to discuss strings you see in other posts, it would be better that you reply to the post that has the string that you intend to copy from. In other words, the prelude to what is in your head is handy to the person.

If you are asking how to make the fact that a 1 was dialed initially be OBi's indicator as to whether to use SP1 or SP2, say so.

On the other hand, if you are asking how to generically put a value into expert mode, then see the sticky thread in  that describes this: OBiTALK Community > General Support > OBiTALK Web Portal > OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction) http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=6493.0;num_replies=0

threehappypenguins

Quote from: Shale on August 19, 2013, 09:44:00 AMIf you are asking how to make the fact that a 1 was dialed initially be OBi's indicator as to whether to use SP1 or SP2, say so.

Yes. SP1 is Freephoneline and SP2 is Google Voice. I want it set up (this is all for my sister, btw) so that when a 1 is dialed it will go to SP2. Otherwise, 10 digits will simply go to Freephoneline SP1.

I am assuming I would put a string into the digitmap in ITSP Profile A? Or would I need to do something to the phone port DigitMap & OutboundCallRoute too?

Shale

Correction....

To summarize, you want to send all 11 digit numbers starting with 1 to SP2, and  10 digits not starting with 1 will  go to Freephone SP1. It is OK if the 1 is prepended to the numbers before sending the number with Freephone.

That will be more complex than what I thought most probable initially, and you will have to modify phone port strings to route the dialed call to the desired SP.

I suggest you post your phone port OutboundCallRoute, phone port DigitMap and your ISTP Profile A General: DigitMap , and your ISTP Profile B General: DigitMap

Somebody will probably post suggested things based on those.

threehappypenguins

These are the current settings (they are default):

ITSP Profile A Digitmap: (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
ITSP Profile B Digitmap: (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Phone Port Digitmap: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
Phone Port OutboundCallRoute: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

ianobi

Assuming that sp1 is the Primary Line then:

ITSP Profile A Digitmap: (<**2>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

This will automatically route eleven digit numbers beginning with "1" to sp2. Ten digit numbers will go to sp1 as ten digit numbers. No other changes are needed.

threehappypenguins

So...

That was for my sister. And now I have another request!!!

I finally got fed up with AcroVoice and their Auto Provisioning and also the fact that now when people call sometimes it will go through and sometimes it will ring and go to a busy signal and sometimes it will go to a busy signal, and sometimes it will ring and ring and ring and never to go voicemail.

I gave up and finally went with voip.ms. That means a new Halifax number since they don't port Halifax numbers. Oh well. Now I can do away with accessing my Obi via IP and use the DASHBOARD instead!!! Oh the possibilities!!!! :D

What changes would I make to this
So my question is... in the advanced options via the dashboard (which are similar to using via the IP), how would I set it up so (<**2>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) allows me to also make 7 digit dialing for anything with area code 902? Or perhaps I would make changes elsewhere for this?

Shale

Quote from: threehappypenguins on August 20, 2013, 09:39:10 AM

What changes would I make to this
So my question is... in the advanced options via the dashboard (which are similar to using via the IP), how would I set it up so (<**2>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.) allows me to also make 7 digit dialing for anything with area code 902? Or perhaps I would make changes elsewhere for this?

You don't need expert mode for that. When you set up the SP
you just put 902 into the "7-Digit Dialing for USA & CAN (Optional)" box.

threehappypenguins

I know that. I did that initially... but now I need to know what to change in order to keep that 7 digit dialing setting, but add on the 10 & 11 digit dialing like ianobi gave me previously.

In the Obitalk settings as you mention, this is what it shows in the expert configuration (shows the 902 so I can dial with 7 digits for 902 extensions):

(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1902>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

I tried adding this bit |<1902>[2-9]xxxxxx| to what ianobi gave me, but it didn't work. This is what I tried:

(<**2>1xxxxxxxxxx|<1902>[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

ianobi

I've never tried checking that box. It looks like it assumes you want to send out eleven digits starting with "1". This will create a number that will be diverted to sp2.

If you want to add "902" to the seven digits and send it out as a ten digit number, then you need this:

(<**2>1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<902>xxxxxxxS4|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

The S4 is a four second delay to prevent this rule matching the first seven digits of a ten digit number. If that makes any sense!

Shale

You want dialing 12223334444  to go to SP2.
You want 2223334 (pause) to go to SP1.
You want 2223334444 to go to SP1.
You want 12223334 (pause) to go to SP1.

What is your symptom?

threehappypenguins

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After months and months and months of waiting around for Auto Provisioning to get its sticky little fingers out of my Obi, I now have complete control over my Obi and my dialing rules!!! Yay!!! It works! Thanks ianobi!!!

threehappypenguins

Quote from: Shale on August 20, 2013, 10:14:29 AM
You want dialing 12223334444  to go to SP2.
You want 2223334 (pause) to go to SP1.
You want 2223334444 to go to SP1.
You want 12223334 (pause) to go to SP1.

What is your symptom?

Not quite.

I want dialing 12223334444  to go to SP2 (Google Voice; so I can call areas outside of FPL that are not free and so I can call the United States for free).
I want 2223334 to go to SP1 (So I can be lazy and anything with a 902 area code I can dial with 7 digits like a normal human being around here).
I want 2223334444 to go to SP1 (So I can call all the free calling areas around Canada through FPL by just dialing 10 digits; differentiates between GV and FPL then).

I have no idea what you mean regarding me wanting "12223334 (pause) to go to SP1." I don't know what that is, nor do I need it.

And I have voip.ms now on my SP3 so that I can receive incoming Halifax local calls.

ianobi

That feeling of power when we are in control ...  :D

Shale

How does what happens now differ from what you want? What is your symptom?

I threw that "12223334 (pause)" in there to see if you wanted to maybe have 1+7  to go to SP2. Pretty much anything not otherwise defined, followed by a pause, will go to SP1.

threehappypenguins

Shale,

I have no idea what you are talking about.  :-\

threehappypenguins

Ooooo... I have one LAST question!

When I call 1-800 or 1-866 or whatever toll free numbers, I usually don't have a problem with it going through GV (don't care), but occasionally I run into one that will only accept the call from Canadian phone numbers (and GV comes up as an American number). How can I temporarily force it to route through SP1?

threehappypenguins

My... I feel stupid. I just simply dropped the "1" and dialed "866" and so on. Hahahaha...

ianobi

Shale,

QuotePretty much anything not otherwise defined, followed by a pause, will go to SP1.

That's true, but if it's not ten or seven digits it will use the "xx." rule. The point here is that this rule <902>xxxxxxxS4 will only match numbers seven digits long, then it will prepend "902" and then send the ten digit number to sp1.

Shale

Quote from: threehappypenguins on August 20, 2013, 10:41:57 AM
Shale,

I have no idea what you are talking about.  :-\
The bit preceding the  '?' was a question.  Was that part of what you had no idea about? Anyway, since you found your problem, that is moot.