News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Hot Dial Issue

Started by Ad_Hominem, August 22, 2013, 09:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ad_Hominem

I'm trying to set-up an Obi 100 so that when you pick up the phone, it automatically dials a phone number.  

I accessed the web interface.  In the Phone Port area, I changed Digit Map to:

(<:60>)

What this should do is dial 60 as soon as I pick up the phone.  However, when I pick up the phone, I get a fast busy signal (aka "Reorder") instead.  

If I use the default digit map, I am able to dial extension 60 and it works just fine.

If I change the Digit map to a three digit number or longer, it works fine.  In other words,

(<:800>)

works just fine.  If I pick up the phone, the call is immediately routed to extension 800.

I contacted Obi support, but they have not responded.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

FYI- My ITSP Digit Map supports two digit calling.  Here's how it reads:

([2-9]11S0|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|011xx.S2|xx.S2|xS2|xxS2|*X.S2|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Shale

I think this will have something to do with speed dials. There may be a way to eliminate 2-digit speed dials.... but

There may be another way, but how about using Digit Map <:60#> and then have speed dial slot contain 60?

I am not sure this is going to work, but it seems to me as if it should.

ianobi

Ad_Hominem,

This had me scratching my head! According to everything you posted your hot-line should work fine. If you can dial 60 from the Phone Port, then hot-line <:60> should work in exactly the same way.

Shale's post has pointed me to what I think is the answer. If speed dial slot 60 is empty (which it must be for the dial 60 from Phone Port to work), then 60 will not be intercepted by the OBi and should work like any number.

Here's what I think is happening <:60> is instant. I think the OBi is trying to check for a speed dial before using 60 as a normal number. It does not have time to do this and so gives a reorder tone as the call has failed. I tried <S1:60> and it works every time. The OBi needs that extra second just to deal with two-digit numbers - we live and learn  :)

If you are using this OBi100 as a hot-line, then you only need a very simple setup for outgoing. Assuming that you are using sp1, then this would avoid all digitmaps and work fine:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
(<S1:60>)

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{60:sp1}

Ad_Hominem

Thanks for responding.

I tried several things to resolve the issue before you guys posted.

First, I programmed speed dial 60 to dial 60.  That did not solve the problem.
Second, I changed speed dial 60 to (blank).  That also did not solve the problem.

I'll try these other suggestions and post back here if I find something that works.

Ad_Hominem

I've since heard from Obi Support.  They recommended that I set the

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:

to

{60:sp1}

But, as you noted, that did not work.  I'm sure that adding the S1 would solve the problem, but since I'm using a PBX, I just created a 3-digit feature code that does what I want and all is well.  :)