News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two POTS lines?

Started by Jon9999, August 23, 2013, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon9999

I'd like somehow to be able to route calls to/from two POTS lines to my phone, and I'd like for the AA to be able to route an incoming call on POTS line 1 out via POTS line 2.

Any ideas? Is this something I can somehow accomplish with the new PSTN USB dongle, or with two OBi devices rigged together somehow?

drgeoff

Only 1 OBiLINE per OBi device may be used.  The only other OBi device with POTS is the 110 and that only supports 1 POTS line.  So, either way it would need 2 OBi devices.

I cannot give any meaningful comments on the practicality of doing what you are after or of the resulting call quality

ianobi

Jon9999,

I'm fairly sure this can be done using two OBi110's - I know you already have one, so that should keep costs down.

The method will involve yet another version of a master/slave setup. To work reliably both OBi110's will need to be in the same subnet behind the same router. Passing CallerID via the AA routed calls may be an issue. That would have to be tested.

If you are willing to buy another OBi110 and be "Chief Tester", then I'm willing to have a go at the configuration.

Edit: sp2 needs to be spare on both OBi110's. That's how we will link them together.