News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two GV Lines on Obi202; SP2 ALWAYS Rings Both Lines- (Resolved)

Started by imbs, August 27, 2013, 02:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imbs

>:( This is driving me NUTS.

I have an OBI 202 and two separate Google Voice numbers (on two different Gmail accounts). I have set up SP1 to ring only on PH1, and SP2 to ring only on PH2.

If I use ObiTalk to view/change the configuration, I see that SP1 is configured as:
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls    Phone 1 [NOT CHECKED] Phone 2 [CHECKED]
Incoming Calls Will Ring On   Phone 1  [NOT CHECKED] Phone 2 [CHECKED]
Google Voicemail Notification   Phone 1 [NOT CHECKED] Phone 2 [CHECKED]

and SP2 is configured as:
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls    Phone 1 [CHECKED] Phone 2 [NOT CHECKED]
Incoming Calls Will Ring On   Phone 1  [CHECKED] Phone 2 [NOT CHECKED]
Google Voicemail Notification   Phone 1 [CHECKED] Phone 2 [NOT CHECKED]

YET, whenever I receive a call on SP2, BOTH LINES RING.

If I use the local Obi Web Service to view the configuration (http://local_obi_ip_address) and view Voice Services->SP1 Service I see:
. . .
X_InboundCallRoute: ph,ph1
. . .
and on Voice Services->SP2 Service I see:
. . .
X_InboundCallRoute: ph,ph2
. . .

Which obviously is incorrect and tells me *why* SP2 rings both lines. BUT NO MATTER WHICH TOOL I USE TO SET THE INBOUND ROUTE TO SP1->PH1 AND SP2->PH2, SP2 RINGS BOTH LINES AND THE CONFIGURATION SHOWS THE ABOVE.

I have tried setting the X_InboundCallRoute for SP2 via the local web service to just "ph2", but after saving and rebooting I always see "ph,ph2". Calls to SP1 only ring Line 1, as one would expect, although having it set the routing to "ph,ph1" after setting it to "ph1" bugs the perfectionist in me...

And yes, I save and reboot between attempts to modify the configuration.

What am I doing wrong?  ???

Shale

I have not seen that, but her is what I would try. Using OBiTalk, tick boxes to ring both phones-- even though it is not what you want. Save that, and let the reboot happen.

Then untick the box so that only the one phone should ring. See if that does it.

imbs

Thanks for the suggestion. It did not fix the problem. If I set it using ObiTalk it _looks_ right (SP1->phone1, SP2->phone2), but SP2 still rings both phones. If I examine/change the routing to JUST ph2 using the web service, after a reboot it always shows the incoming route for SP2 is ph,ph2

In fact, while fiddling with this I tried setting the incoming route to default by checking the "Use Default" box and after submitting and rebooting it still wasn't checked. Looks like there's some problem with saving changes...

imbs

Okay. I think I got it. I had to turn OFF auto-provisioning for ObiTalk from the device web page (System Management->Auto Provisioning->OBiTalk Provisioning) and reboot. After that, changes to the inbound call settings stay the way I set them.

It seems that what I see on ObiTalk doesn't necessarily reflect what is really configured, perhaps at some deeper level it isn't showing me. This might represent an 'opportunity' for the ObiTalk developers to fix something so that it handles such things properly.

I will test it after my wife wakes up to see if it actually rings only the phones it's supposed to.