News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Long "Call Connected" Time

Started by naizarak, August 30, 2013, 04:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naizarak

I setup my obi100 with GV about a week ago. During this time I've noticed an odd behavior when receiving calls.

Basically, my obi phone will start to ring as soon as a call comes through. I'll pick it up to answer, but the line will be quiet. Meanwhile the calling phone will still be on the dial tone, even though I will have already answered the call.  The caller will wait for about 15secs before the call will actually be connected and we'll be able to hear each other.

So as you can see, this puts me in an annoying position. I'll pick up my phone to answer a call, but I won't know when exactly the other person will connect and actually hear me. Looking through the call history log, the "Call Connected" time will usually start 15secs after the "Inbound" time, even though I answer calls almost immediately after I hear the phone start to ring.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

drgeoff

The OP of http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6551.0 describes something similar though with a shorter delay.  Do you also have delayed dial-tone as mentioned there?

sthsenior

I see a number of people reporting this issue, I'm not one of them.  But, I don't see any solutions, especially from OBi.  If this is a normal lack of support by the company I'd like to know now.

chayamom

I have also noticed an annoyingly long lag time between when I answer an incoming call and when the caller is actually connected. I haven't timed it on a clock but there are too many instances when the caller is gone by the time the connection occurs. I'm hoping to find some answers here. I may also try to reset my obi.

lacjr1977

I have this problem too and I have an obi100. Sometimes the phone will ring and the other party can't hear me, they try to call me back and the phone just goes silent. Is this a firmware issue and if so when will there be a fix for this soon? My setup and someone please tell me do I need to take it off my router and connect it directly to my cable modem and does this actually work with Google's 2 step authentication? Do I also need to sign out of hangouts/talk on my computer and cell phone? I'm tired of cycling my obi and/or resetting it and going back through the setup. Please help!