News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to locate OBI100's IP address?

Started by j4uames, August 31, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j4uames

I am having trouble to connect OBI100 to Verizon MI424WR router. I was told to "put it in DMZ of Verizon router. But to do that router need a IP to make it in DMZ. But I have a hard time to locate a IP address in OBI100. Is it because it is using DHCP? If so how to I solve the IP Address issue?
Thanks.

hwittenb

The easiest way to read the OBi's ip address is to pickup the phone attached to the OBi and dial *** for the IVR and then after the prompt enter 1 for Basic Network status which will give you an audio readout of the OBi's local network ip address. 

You can also read the OBi's local network ip address if you log into your OBi, but you need the ip address to do that.

The OBi by default gets its ip address from the router by DHCP.  You can, of course, set it to use a static ip address if you wish.

j4uames

Doc_Glenn

Strange, I have the IP address, both by using ***4 and by looking on my router. Yet when I use the URL, 192.168.1.20, the web page says Requested URL was not found!. Well actually it returns 404. I manage my Obi via the ObiTalk portal, but I believe I should be able to access it on the inside address.

Shale

Quote from: Doc_Glenn on October 01, 2013, 10:23:22 PM
Strange, I have the IP address, both by using ***4 and by looking on my router. Yet when I use the URL, 192.168.1.20, the web page says Requested URL was not found!. Well actually it returns 404. I manage my Obi via the ObiTalk portal, but I believe I should be able to access it on the inside address.
I presume you have an OBi202.

Let a comma represent a pause. On your connected phone,  dial ***0,30# to the OBi202 one time to enable WAN web access.