News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial plan and emergency number - obi 100

Started by Clive, September 01, 2013, 04:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

Hi, apologies for having to ask this but no matter how often I read about them, I just cannot get my head around the way dial plans and call routes work without seeing one that does something similar.

I'm trying to set up dial plan/routing in an obi100 as per the following:
I want to be able to dial out as though I'm in the UK and I'm guessing that setting up itsp profile A general according to this thread solves the everyday calling aspects simply by replacing the 0141 with my area code. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5362.0
The next thing I want to be able to do is route 999/112 calls through sp2/profile B using a different voip provider.This is the bit I don't know.

Many thanks.

ianobi

For emergency numbers I prefer to route them directly from the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. This should work for an OBi100:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|999|112|**0|***|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(999|112):sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I would take care with the example you quote. In the UK number formats can be strange. They are mostly eleven digits, but codes can be three, four or five digits long with the telephone number making up the remainder of the digits. Also, the example was designed for sipgate.co.uk - some of the rules were specific to match their special numbers.

Anyhow, I'm here in the UK, so feel free to ask - I should know the answers to UK questions   :)  I'm busy today, but will be back here tomorrow (my time zone!).