News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Line Port gives Busy Signal

Started by ripclaw, April 12, 2011, 06:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripclaw

I have my home line plugged into the Line Port, but it gives the busy signal.  It was working fine a couple of days ago.  The line port used to light up but no longer does.  When I dial my home phone, I get the busy signal.  If I unplug the line port, the call goes through.  I tried resetting the device, but no luck.

Under status I see,
Line Port Status:
On Hook   
0 mA   

0 V   
--

lhm.

Disconnect line, reconnect line. No joy, replace line with another to connect from Obi to land line.

ripclaw

Tried that already.  It works fine when I plug my phone into the home line. 

RonR

With the OBi powered off (wall-wart disconnected), does the busy condition go away and does the telephone conected to the OBi operate your landline correctly?  The OBi telephone should be connected straight through the OBi to the landline with the OBi powered off.

ripclaw

When I unplug it, I still get a busy signal.  As soon as I disconnect it from the OBi110, the line rings again.  If I plug the line into the phone directly, it works fine again.

lhm.

Try this > Pick up hand set (off hook), check status. What do you see?

ripclaw

Under Phone Port it says Off Hook, but still shows On Hook on the Line Port.

RonR

Quote from: ripclaw on April 12, 2011, 07:55:58 PM
When I unplug it, I still get a busy signal
That's not good.  With no power to the OBi, there's a relay that disconnects the OBi's LINE and PHONE jacks from the internal components and connects them directly together.  This is a fail-safe that ensures you can still make emergency calls in the event of a power failure.

If I were a gambler, I'd bet on a defective OBi.

obi-support2

ripclaw,

Please email support@obihai.com with your OBi number (printed on the back of the unit);
we can assist you with the problem and determine if this unit is defective.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff