News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use Your Android Cell Phone as an Additional OBi Handset

Started by ianobi, September 02, 2013, 01:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

Not much new in this post, but I have attempted to simplify the setup process. This example uses CSipSimple with wifi enabled on the cell phone and sp2 on an OBi110. The OBi110 Primary Line is sp1. This is a "local" setup – all in the same router subnet. It should work for any OBi.

Your router needs to be able to fix the internal ip addresses / ports. In my case OBi sp2 is 192.168.1.10:5471, cell phone is 192.168.1.12:5482.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : checked
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:
([^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (any letters or numbers)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_UserAgentPort : 5471
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : Whatever
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MaxSessions : 4

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(Mcot)>(Msp1):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>**0:aa},{(Mcot)>0:ph},{(Mcot):aa}

User Settings > User Defined Digit Maps > User Defined Digit Map2 >
Label: cot
DigitMap: (987654321)

987654321 is the CallerID from the cell phone (see below). Other CallerIDs can be added to "cot".

To receive calls on any service change the InboundCallRoute as follows. This example shows sp1:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,sp2(cell@192.168.1.12:5482)}

If you are using the Oleg method then:
{>(123456):ph,sp2(cell@192.168.1.12:5482)}

Speed Dial (I'm using slot 44):
sp2(cell@192.168.1.12:5482)

Note: The word "cell" in the examples is arbitrary. It can be anything, but something needs to be there.

CsipSimple – To create an account that calls without registration:

1. Create a Local account – it just requires an account name.
2. Long press on the account name > Choose wizard > Expert.
3. Long press on the account name > Modify account. Expert will prompt you for Account id. Insert accountname<sip:987654321@127.0.0.1>
4. Long press on the account name > Modify account > Proxy URI. Insert 192.168.10:5471 (or internal ip address/port of your chosen spX).
5. Leave all other settings at default.
Note: 987654321 will show as CallerID for calls made from the cell phone.

Now go to Settings > long press to go to expert mode if not already in it >
Network > Lock WiFi: checked
Network > UDP Port: 5482 (or whatever you choose).
User interface > Use partial wake lock: checked

Other settings should be at default or set to personal preference. For example, I like to use the standard android dialer, so I set:
User interface > Dialer integration: checked.

Using the above setup incoming calls will ring the OBi phone and the cell phone. First to answer will take the call.

Outgoing calls from the cell phone function the same as from the OBi phone. If you chose "dialer integration" using the standard android dial pad, then when you press to call you will get a choice to use "mobile" or "CSipSimple account name".

Intercom: Cell to OBi phone dial "0". Obi phone to cell dial "44" or whatever speed dial you chose.