News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA AAlmost Working...Not quite

Started by pitcritter, September 27, 2013, 05:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitcritter

I'm trying to set up what I think is a pretty simple AA setup and I've almost got it right.  What I'd like to be able to do is make LD calls routed through my Obi100 from two trusted numbers.  I'd like to use my SP1 in a very limited set of circumstances and SP2 for everything else.  I've got a DigitMap setup to help me do this. 

I call it usefpl  (*98|x.905xxxxxxx|x.289xxxxxxx|x.416xxxxxxx|x.647xxxxxxx|x.437xxxxxxx)

Basically, if I call *98 (SP1 voice mail), or any 905, 289, 416, 647 or 437 number, with or without a leading 1, then I want to use SP1.  Everything else goes to SP2 (GV).

The OutboundCallRoute on my PHONE interface is:

{(Musefpl):sp1},{933:sp1},{911:sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{sp2}

It seems to work fine.

I'd like to use a very simple OutboundCallRoute on my AA with only two options.

{(Musefpl):sp1},{sp2}

I use
{(xxxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx)}
as my AA DigitMap  since I'll only ever need to dial 10 or 11 digit numbers.

Tha seems to work fine too. Local and LD calls are routed perfectly through the AA when I call in from one of my two trusted numbers.

The only problem I'm having is that now, pressing 1 when the AA answers does not direct my call to the PHONE port on the Obi.  Basically, I can call everybody, except home.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, PC

azrobert

I believe your AA outbound route should look like this:
{(Musefpl):sp1},{0:ph},{sp2}

And the AA DigitMap:
(0|1?xxxxxxxxxx)

You can shorten usefpl like this:
(*98|1?(905|289|416|647|437)xxxxxxx)

pitcritter

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.  I'm working nights right now, so I won't be able to call home until tomorrow evening unless I really don't want to GO home in the morning ;)

I knew that there must be a more elegant way to phrase the DigitMap.  That looks like the best solution.

I'm not sure I understand the {0:ph} in the outbound route.  To my very novice eyes, that says, "If zero is dialled, send the call to the Telephone handset".  Where does the zero come into play?

azrobert

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but when you enter "1" to the prompt the OBi sends a "0" to the AA. If you look at the default AA outbound route you will see "{0:ph}".

If you reply "2" to the prompt for a new call and then "0", I think you will get the same result.

pitcritter

Thanks again.  I'm glad it's not entirely intuitive.  I don't feel bad for not seeing it, but yes, it is in the default route.

I'll report back tomorrow evening with my results.

pitcritter

Now working 100%.

Thanks for the help.