News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Back via Auto Attendant on the OBi Device

Started by ShermanObi, January 26, 2011, 09:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitwao

Thank you very much for the offered help. I am sorry for not being very clear.

My objective is to have all calls transferred to my mobile in Cameroon through the fixed line connected to my obihai 110.
I have set up my device on obinet and on the Device Configuration - tatsihome I have set the obi attendant pin. Service provider 1 is google and service provider 2 is rynga.

First action:

I now ring my google number and the fixed line connected to obihai rings  about 7 times and a female voice asks me to leave a message and i think this should be at google or sipgate. I expected obi attendant to ask for my pin to transfer the call through the fixed line of the obhihai to my mobile phone.

Second Action:

I now place a call to the fixed line attached to the obihai and it rings for 12 times until it stops ringing no auto attendant comes in to ask for my pin to transfer the call.

I dearly need call forwarding:-

1.) to my mobile phone for calls to the fixed line attached to the obihai 110. This seems difficult since the incoming call is through the fixed and the auto attendant has to use the same fixed line to call my mobile phone. I think i might need a rule here for the auto attendant to do this.

2.)  Calls from the US to  provider 1 the google account to be forwarded through auto attendant through the fixed line at obihai 110 to my CM mobile phone.

3.) Provider 2 will be used only for outgoing calls out by me so that while out of the house, I can use my mobile phone to call the fixed line at the obhihai and the auto attendant directs the calls out through provider 2. In which case the Obihai needs a rule to recognize my mobile phone number from the fixed line at the obihai and forward the calls through provider 2.

Right now the auto attendant thought configured does not work at all.

I will try to reset the device and start all over again.

Thanks

hitwao

I resolved the problem by cancelling calls forward from my Google chat to my sip gate no. After this I made the call verification to Obitalk by dialing a series of 55...

I then dialed my Google number again and the obi attendant answered me giving me three options. I choose option 2, entered the pin code and was connected through the fixed line on the obihai 110 and dialed my wife on Camtel mobile in Cameroon.

I had some fun and prank on my wife later. I traveled and 100kms from my house, I dialed my Google no. was connected through the fixed line that has our home number on the Obihai to my wife's mobile. She saw but our home number and believed that I was in the house. When she got home and discovered that I was not home and finally got to me she was surprised and asked to know by what magic I could call her from home while I was 100kms away. I then explained to her my understanding magic of the Obihai product and technology.

Thanks Obihai. I am not an expert but am trying to learn to make the best use of this product for my family, friends, business and self.

mkarian

Can someone please shed some light on using the Obi 110 via Method 2 for callback (AA Main Menu Option 3)?

I am located in Costa Rica, and my Obi 110 is hooked up to a landline here.  I am trying to be able to call the Obi from a local cell phone to the landline number, and request a callback to the same cell phone so I  can place an international call through SP1 (with the local call having originated from the land line--which is MUCH cheaper).

I can call in and get the AA to answer, then I select option 3, and enter **8 + (local cell phone number, which are 8 digits) and hangup.  After a few seconds, the PHONE ATTACHED TO THE OBI rings, rather than the cell phone I called from.  Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated!

RonR

Quote from: mkarian on December 12, 2011, 10:59:06 AM
I can call in and get the AA to answer, then I select option 3, and enter **8 + (local cell phone number, which are 8 digits) and hangup.  After a few seconds, the PHONE ATTACHED TO THE OBI rings, rather than the cell phone I called from.  Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated!

That should work.

Can you dial the same **8 + (local cell phone number, which are 8 digits) from the PHONE Port and reach the cell phone?

Have you modified the Auto Attendant DigitMap/OutboundCallRoute in any way?

mkarian

Thanks for the quick response!  Yes, dialing that way normally via the attached phone (**8+local four digit number) works fine for local outgoing calls via landline.  No changes have been made to the default OutboundCallRoute settings.  The only related setting I have is the AA "PrimaryLine" is set to SP1, but with dialing the **8 that shouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think.

RonR

mkarian,

Does the OBi Call Status (while the callback in in progress) or the OBi Call History (after the callback has completed) shed any light on what is going on?

mkarian

I checked call status & tried a few more variations.  Turns out that if I hangup RIGHT AWAY after entering the callback number, then it works!  But, I must do so AS SOON as the AA starts saying "thank you for using Obi..." (in other words, before the confirmation even finishes talking).

That is to say, somehow the extra second or two I was taking to hang up when calling in & initiating the callback interferes with the callback call.  Maybe there is a setting somewhere to delay the start of the callback another few seconds to avoid this?

Anyway, it does work now, so thank you!!

Stewart

Quote from: mkarian on December 12, 2011, 10:59:06 AM
I am located in Costa Rica, and my Obi 110 is hooked up to a landline here.  I am trying to be able to call the Obi from a local cell phone to the landline number, and request a callback to the same cell phone so I  can place an international call through SP1 (with the local call having originated from the land line--which is MUCH cheaper).
I'm glad to hear that you got it working, but have a couple of comments:

1. If your landline has caller ID, you can set up the OBi to recognize your cell phone number and call you back automatically.  It does not answer the original call, so there is no charge to your cell.

2. If (1) is inapplicable, but you have a DID with your SP1 provider, you could call that number to trigger a callback.  Since the OBi does not answer, you should not be charged for the (international) trigger call.  However, some international carriers give False Answer Supervision, so you should make a test call and confirm that you are not charged.  If your phone shows connected and starts counting time, even though the OBi has not answered, you're out of luck on this one.

3. Possibly, there are less expensive, higher quality and/or more convenient ways to accomplish the overall goal (international calls from cell phone).  How much does it cost to call from your landline to your cell?  Who is SP1 provider?  Which countries do you call the most?  Landlines or cellular?  Using a smartphone?

mkarian

I did some checking on current phone charges here just to be sure, and it turns out that incoming & outgoing calls to cell phones now all have the same cost (about 7 cents/min).  Thus, there is no savings to having the Obi call back after all (any which way)!   >:(

In the end it seems that the best option, when available at least, is simply using WiFi (no dedicated internet) to connect via the Obi App (Android) on the smart phone.  Using that method, one can call the U.S. via GV at no charge for the moment.

Thanks all!

FM9295

Wondering if someone could please provide a brief overview or some examples of when/how someone in the US might want to use the AA to do callback?  Looks like maybe phone charges and finding the best way to get free calls depends a lot on which country one is in. 

Is this feature primarily used by those outside the US or are there applications here in the US that I'm just not understanding?  Thanks.

RonR

Auto Attendant Callback provides a means to make outgoing calls through the OBi when you're not at home without incurring the cost of calling into the OBi to do so.

For example, you might be visiting a friend and want to make a long distance or international call without putting any charges on your friend's telephone.  You call the OBi which is configured for Auto Attendant Callback and hang up before the Auto Attendant answers.  The Auto Attendant then calls you back and allows you to make an outgoing call using the services configured on the OBi.

Another example might be where your cell phone has unlimited free incoming calls.  Since your call to the OBi is not answered, you don't get changed for calling the OBi.  It then calls you back, allowing you to make a call using the services available on the OBi without incurring any cell phone charges.

DaveTap

Quote from: FM9295 on February 05, 2012, 01:02:32 PM
Wondering when/how someone in the US might want to use the AA to do callback? 
Is this feature primarily used by those outside the US or are there applications here in the US that I'm just not understanding?  Thanks.
I have a friend grandfathered in a USCellular plan that allows unlimited incoming calls/texts but uses his minutes for outgoing calls... using call back allows him to have unlimited calls and allows him international calling at 1/10 their rate.

Another friend works graveyard shift as a nurse. They are not allowed to use cell phones at work and are limited in outgoing calls. She can however use call back to set up an incoming call...

fredder

with setup wizard  I have this:

ITSP InboundCallRoute {(<**1>(16471234567|19541234567)):aa($1),{sp1(14161234567)}
this works for the auto attendant to do callback when I call from phone 1-647-123-4567

Lets say I wanted to add a foreign cell phone, eg from Israel, that had local number 54-1234567.

If I wanted callback to work to that phone, the SP1 (google voice in this case) would need to dial the full international format 011-972-54-1234567.  But the phone's call display would not display all those numbers-how would I get callback to work for international numbers where the 011 + country code needs to be dialled before the rest of the telephone #?  As well, can I put x.541234567 in the InboundCallRoute so that it matches on partial caller id info?

roundaway

Situation.  Business number and GV number have the same area code.  Home phone does not.  I want to call the GV number from my work phone which doesn't use the actual CID.  I've set up the SP1 (GV and primary) inbound call route {(12345678912):aa,{ph} to recognize the CID that the work number passes and it does go to aa .  However, what do I need to do so the call back comes to my actual work number?

Ultimate goal is to be able to call back to the house and either let it ring the phone or use the PSTN to call someone in my home area code because work does not allow long distance.

Thank you.

ianobi

{(12345678912):aa(**119876543212)},{ph}

Will direct the call back to 19876543212 using sp1. Change **1 to which service provider you want to make the call back.

roundaway

ianobi,

I'll try it when getting home from work.

Newbie reading call routing and digitmap stuff and had myself confused.  Thanks for the info. 

Vegetus

Hi there!

ModelName: OBi202
HardwareVersion: 1.4
SoftwareVersion: 3.0.1 (Build: 3722)
SP1 Service: GV
SP1 X_InboundCallRoute: {(x.3312094854):aa},{ph1,ph2}

OBiBlueTooth 1 InboundCallRoute: {(x.3312094854):aa},{ph1,ph2}

If I call my GV number from 3312094854, the wired phone rings 3 times and the AA answers the call.
If I call the cellphone connected to the ObI via BT from 3312094854 the wired phone rings BUT the AA won't answer the call.
I want to call the cellphone connected via BT, disconnect the call just before the AA answers and get called back by the ObI202 via BT.
Any way to get the automatic (no AA answer) callback work via BT like {(<**8>(x.3312094854)):aa($1)} ?

Thank you very much for your valuable help.

ianobi

Vegetus - welcome to the forum.

{(<**8>(x.3312094854)):aa($1)} should work the way you describe. The question here is why does aa not recognise {(x.3312094854):aa} when called via the cellphone.

Make an incoming call via the cellphone and answer the call. While the call is ongoing check in the Expert Config Pages > Status > Call Status. See what Peer Number is shown. Alternatively, after the call is finished look in your OBi web page > Status > Call History.

It looks to me like the CallerID (Peer Number) is not being recieved from the cellphone, or is in some way changed.

Vegetus

Quote from: ianobi on January 27, 2013, 04:57:50 AM

{(<**8>(x.3312094854)):aa($1)} should work the way you describe. The question here is why does aa not recognise {(x.3312094854):aa} when called via the cellphone.

It looks to me like the CallerID (Peer Number) is not being recieved from the cellphone, or is in some way changed.

Yes, the cellphone returns as caller ID +393312094854 (I live in Italy). Now AA answers (I have {(<**8>(+393312094854)):aa($1)},{ph,ph2} in OBiBlueTooth 1 InboundCallRoute).

In Voice Services --> Auto Attendant --> CallbackAnswerDelay I have 10000. I call, AA answers, I choose option 3 and I enter my cellphone number: 3312094854 followed by the pound key.
Then AA dials out but prepends 1 to the number 3312094854 I entered and the call goes out via GT1 not BT.
Someone in USA got few unsolicited calls from me. I'm really sorry for that :-(

Please, help me just one more time and teach me how to fix the dialplan  and where can I find examples and tutorials about ObI dialplans and configurations. With Sipura devices there where a lot of web sites and forums with examples and discussions. I'm new to ObI products.
Again, thank you for your help.

ianobi

The basic problem here is that all the OBi DigitMaps are set up for North American dialling patterns. I live in the UK, so I'm used to these problems!

QuoteNow AA answers (I have {(<**8>(+393312094854)):aa($1)},{ph,ph2} in OBiBlueTooth 1 InboundCallRoute).

If you dial in via your cell phone and hang up before the aa answers, then this rule {(<**8>(+393312094854)):aa($1)} will call you back using the OBiBluebooth > DigitMap.

QuoteI call, AA answers, I choose option 3 and I enter my cellphone number: 3312094854 followed by the pound key.
Then AA dials out but prepends 1 to the number 3312094854 I entered and the call goes out via GT1 not BT.

If you dial in via your cell phone allow aa to answer then use Option 3, aa will call you back using its own Primary Line. At default this is probably set to SP1 Service (GT1). The DigitMap for SP1 is found in Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap. Its default setting is:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

You have input a ten digit number starting with "3". This rule <1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx will take any ten digit number starting in the range 2 to 9 and will prepend "1" to it. Very useful for North Americans - not useful for the rest of us  ;)

At default settings, most OBi DigitMaps have the rule xx. this means "any number of any digits", so whatever you dial will get sent. However, the OBi will wait for ten seconds before sending the digits out to make sure that you have finished dialling. Much better to get a good match for your numbers if you can.

DigitMaps are a big subject. This forum has many good examples - search for posts by user RonR among others. The OBiDeviceAdminGuide has a few good bits in, but lots that is not so good!

Be careful about how you choose to update your OBi see:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

This is a friendly forum - feel free to post questions  :)