News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unintended GV Call w/Simonics

Started by CLTGreg, September 14, 2013, 06:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLTGreg

Anyone ever had a GV call connected over the Call feature in the web interface that didn't use the web interface?

I doubt it has anything to do with Simonics but they are new to this setup so I thought I'd throw it in.

8:30 My friend sent me an SMS.
8:38 I replied to him with GV.
8:38 He replies with two more SMS.
8:39 My GV line rings hooked to Obi 202. The caller ID number was me.

I pick up and I hear the phone ringing in the receiver. A few rings later my friend picks up. I ask him what game was he playing. Ends up neither of us places the call. Google reports the phone call as placed with the correct length.

I'm sure it's a fluke but I wonder anyone has had this happen. I also doubt it's the OBI but it's silly to use the "call me" feature when GV is hooked to the phone.

The bluetooth adapter is in the loop too but still don't see how it could have played a role.

BearJerCares

I'm searching for information on how to configure an Obi 100 to use with Simonics in SP2 in connection with Google Voice in SP1. Simonics.com adds CALLER ID with name functionality to Google Voice. This is the only mention I could even find about Simonics and it is an old post. If anyone sees this, can you tell me how I can even create a new thread? These forums are very often far from user-friendly.

Thanks,
Jerry, Rochester Hills, Michigan

drgeoff

1. Get some (new) spectacles. Once logged in, in each sub-forum,  at the top right and bottom right of the box that surrounds the thread titles,  are a few buttons. One is "New topic".

2.  The simonics procedure for accessing GV via SIP is detailed on the simonics site. The procedure for configuring an Obi with SIP details is fairly self evident or a quick google should point you in the right direction.

1BadBoy

A quick google search has lead me to [very] old posts, but none show how to setup the OBi200 (or any other OBi device) when using the Simon Telephonics (Simonics.com) gateway.

Maybe you could provide a link which shows the setup required?

Taoman

Quote from: 1BadBoy on July 11, 2015, 12:00:12 PM

No link that I'm aware of. You will need to click on Service Provider set-up button and add a service provider to SP2 from the Obitalk web portal. Since there is no wizard just pick Generic Service Provider. Name it Simonics or whatever floats your boat.
Use gvgw.simonics.com for both Service Provider Proxy Server and Outbound Proxy Server and 5060 for both port numbers. Use your Simonics SIP Login/prefix for Username and Simonics SIP Password for Password. Save your settings and your OBi should reboot and you will be registered to the Simonics GV gateway server. It should say "Registered" underneath Status on the Obitalk web portal. You may have to refresh the page a few times before that happens.

Assuming that all works, follow the rest of my directions from my SD post.

Edit: And you must realize that just because your OBi is "registered" with the Simonics GV gateway that does not mean that your Simonics GV gateway account is "online" and that your GV calls will automatically route thru the Simonics gateway. This why I have you disable your GV account on your OBi and change your primary outbound route in my SD post.

drgeoff

Quote from: 1BadBoy on July 11, 2015, 12:00:12 PM
A quick google search has lead me to [very] old posts, but none show how to setup the OBi200 (or any other OBi device) when using the Simon Telephonics (Simonics.com) gateway.

You didn't comprehend what I wrote. You use the Simonics gateway in the same way as any other SIP ITSP on an OBi.  The Simonics site tells you the SIP proxy, SIP  username and SIP password which you use with any make or model of SIP ATA or SIP phone. Entering those fields on an OBi is germane to using an OBi with a SIP ITSP and  widely covered.

Taoman has come to your aid and provided detailed instructions.