News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

socks proxy support?

Started by klaberte, April 13, 2011, 08:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaberte

When I use Google Voice (GV) from within gmail's web browser, I am able to direct all traffic through a socks proxy (i.e. my browser is configured to route all traffic through a socks proxy).  My understanding is that the Obi110 essentially spoofs GV into thinking it is communicating with a web browser, i.e. it mimics the same messages as the browser would create (am I correct?).

If so, it seems that it should be possible to point the obi110 (on the same subnet as the computer mentioned above) to the same socks server, i.e. route the obi110 through a socks proxy.  However, after some searching, I have not been able to find out how to do this.

Can anyone provide guidance on how to port my obi110 through a socks proxy?

klaberte

I did notice that in the expert configuration panel, under   ITSP Profile A SIP, there is an option to specify the Outbound Proxy and Outbound Proxy Port.  Is this what I want?  Can I enter a socks proxy here?

QBZappy

klaberte,

Those settings are for registering to a Voip Service Provider. They are not meant to do what you have in mind. I use these settings to register to my account.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.