News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to connect Obi devices to Overdrive Pro?

Started by JanMan, September 17, 2013, 09:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanMan

Hi..

I want to buy an Obi to replace my home phone service. 

I'm using a Virgin Mobile Overdrive Pro 4G mobile hotspot for my internet connection.  I can connect my pc to it either thru a USB cable and over wifi. 

How would I connect the Obi100 to the Overdrive Pro?  The Obi100 has an ethernet port for the internet connection and the Overdrive Pro has USB.  Is there a USB to ethernet adapter cable that would do this?

I see other Obi models have a USB port.  For any of those models would I just be able to plug the Overdrive into that?

Thanks

Shale

An OBiWiFi module plugged into an OBi200 or OBi202 would probably work. I don't know how the quality would be. I suspect that if you could minimize others using the connection during calls, it would be good.  A computer also using the connection might saturate the available bandwidth.

I don't think there is any way you will make direct USB work for your purpose, unless somebody makes a gadget that converts the VZ USB to Ethernet.