News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

x-lite 4.5 issue on transmitting additional DTMF tone via OBi110

Started by asianflyer, September 24, 2013, 08:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asianflyer

Hi I successfully installed x-lite 4.5 on windows 8 and made a successful call. However, when I try to press a number required by a voice auto-attendant on the other line, the DTMF is not transmitted even though I hear the tone. Please note I am already in the call using the same DTMF tone but requires me press another number which is not acknowledged or transmitted on the ongoing call. Please help.

Thanks!

asianflyer

In addition, I already referred this to X-lite support. After helping me with all possible config with no success,  they said that it should be the VOIP gateway that has an issue.

hwittenb

Sending DTMF tones over an in-progress call has always had its share of problems because the voice stream is converted from analog to digital and then back again.  One way to do it is to just send the tones like voice which is called In-Band.  Other out-of-band protocols have been developed over the years, INFO was the first developed and then RFC2833. Both INFO and RFC2833 protocols send descrite digital out-of-band packets for the tones.  RFC2833 is also sometimes called AVT.

RFC2833 is usually the preferred method to send the tones, however sometime the other protocols work better.  You need to try them all with the destinations you call to decide which works best for you.

XLite has DTMF settings under Preferences --> Calls.  If you are having a problem, I would try them all to find out which is the most reliable technique for your environment.

XLite settings:

RFC2833
INFO
In-Band
RRC2833 and SIP INFO
In-band and SIP INFO