News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Eliminate Dialing delay??

Started by robhouston, April 13, 2011, 05:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robhouston

Hello:

Thanks to RonR's help, I've got my Obi110 to successfully dial +1 and 10-digit calls using my Google Voice account, and all other calls, including 7-digit local calls, are placed on the PSTN line.

However, when dialing 7-digits (and I haven't tested this for 911 calls), there is about a 4-second delay before the call is placed on the PSTN line.  I'm guessing this is because the Obi is waiting to see if more digits are dialed.

Is there a way to shorten this delay, perhaps to 2 seconds?

Thanks!

RonR

Sure, simply change the S4 on the 7-digit rule to S2:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<**81>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**8>xxxxxxxS2|<**8>011xx.|<**8>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

You can also get into habit of entering '#' at the end of a number to tell the OBi you've finished dialing and there's no need to wait for more.

Edit: It just dawned on me that with no 'Sn' on the 7-digit rule, the timeout should be 2 seconds, so you can simply remove the S4 instead of changing it to S2.

robhouston

RonR-----thanks for the very fast response! 

Regards,

Rob

frunple

I just connected my obi110 and I'm getting a 8 - 10 second pause when using my PSTN line between dialing and actually connecting (ringing).
I have a GV as sp1, another GV as sp2 and comcrap in the line port.
I didnt change any of the default dial plans.
Where is this S4 entry exactly?

RonR

Quote from: frunple on September 09, 2011, 03:26:58 PM
Where is this S4 entry exactly?

When dialing numbers destined for the LINE Port (PrimaryLine = PSTN Line or **8 + number), the default DigitMap used is:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

An improved LINE Port DigitMap might be:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : ([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

Call processing will begin 2 seconds after [2-9]11 is dialed, and immediately after a 7- or 11-digit number is dialed.

frunple

frunple

I didn't even realize it when I last posted.... I can't dial 7 digits, only 10 or 11.
I changed the dial plan to :
([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

Any problems with that? obviously it works but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

RonR

marcb

Hello,

I also get a 4 - second pause when using my PSTN line. I am in Belgium and standard telephone numbers are 9 digits. I changed the default (US) setting as follows:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (xxxxxxxxx)

which seems the simplest possible configuration, but to no avail. Can anyone help me please?

(Obi110 HW version 2.8 - SW version 1.3.0 (build 2532)

RonR

Quote from: marcb on September 14, 2011, 02:24:30 AM
I also get a 4 - second pause when using my PSTN line. I am in Belgium and standard telephone numbers are 9 digits

The delay you're seeing is normal:

DialDelay : 500 ms
DialDigitOnTime : 200 ms
DialDigitOffTime : 200 ms

500 ms + 9 x 400 ms = 4100 ms

IOW, from the time you dial the last digit, it takes 4.1 seconds for the OBi to go off-hook on the LINE Port and dial 9 digits out to your telephone company.

If you want to bypass the OBi when making PSTN calls, you could dial # to get a direct connection to the LINE Port and dial the digits directly to your telephone company instead of having the OBi do that dialing for you.