News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Changed Google Voice Password--Lost all connection

Started by jerryinforum, October 02, 2013, 07:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryinforum

I've been working on this for several hours and read and tried all troubleshooting stuff.  Been a user for several years.

I put OBI IP number into browser and navigated to SP1 and changed AuthPassword to the new password (I note that there are only 8 little "dots", even though my password is 10 digits long--I assume that is the default display).  I click "Submit" and reboot the system.

But then when I go back to Obitalk Dashboard and click "Add Device", it still times out.  The OBI 100 is working ok: power light is on, echo test works fine.

I have the latest firmware.  How do I get past this "change of password" issue?

Shale

See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

That explains what you should not have done. Where to go from here?

Are you sure you did not change System Management >Device Admin> AdminPassword? I can confirm that that shows 8 dots, even thought the actual password is longer. Note how I showed the path to make it easier for somebody to find the item I am talking about.

Regarding Voice Services>SP1 Services> AuthPassword, I can't tell you... mine shows 8 dots, but I happen to have an 8-character password. Based on AdminPassword, I suspect it may always show 8.

It is not clear to me why you cannot do Add Device, or why you want to Add Device. That should not have anything to do with the change in the SP1 password. I guess the thing that I would suggest is to make sure the AdminPassword is the same for the OBiTalk and local web interface. Stay tuned in case somebody has some more ideas on that.

jerryinforum

Thanks for your reply and you bring up something that puzzled me, also.  Why do I ADD a device?  I can see my "Soft phone" already there in my dashboard.  But I am not finding anything that I can "do" with it.

Your links did not give me any insight.  Probably my problem.

I guess my question put simply is:  "I changed my Google Voice password and lost my connection. What do I do to fix this?"

Surely, I am not the only OBI user to have changed a Google Voice password over the years...

jerryinforum

I discovered I had not changed the password in the separate GOOGLE TALK application for one thing.

I also finally came across THIS page:  http://www.obihai.com/itspConfiguration/itspConfiguration-googlevoice

...and configured it with the new password.

Up and running.