News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Unable to Obtain IP Address

Started by silverp1, October 03, 2013, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverp1

Hi folks,

I just picked up an Obi100 today and I'm having a tough time getting this to work. I have the device hooked up to a standard phone, power and an RJ-45 running to my router. I've tried plugging the device into: the router directly, my 24 port switch and directly into my cable modem, with all 3 I get the green blinking power light. I have also tried a slew of ethernet cables, all with the same result.

I see in my DHCP logs that the device is reaching out to my router, the router offers an address, and then the Obi never AK's the address. It will occasionally pick up an IP address for a moment or so (will respond to one or two pings and drop the rest) and then lose it again a few seconds later.

I have tried unplugging the device and leaving it unplugged for a minute. I've tried resetting to factory settings. I've tried manually assigning an IP address (with reservation) but I can't seem to get the device to do anything differently.

I'm kind of on my last legs with this, is there anything else I can try before returning the device?

Thank you for any suggestions you guys may have.

drgeoff

Your OBi100 may indeed be faulty but try assigning a static IP address.  Connect everything up and on the phone dial ***4 and follow the instructions.  Then put the address you assigned into a browser on your PC and try to access the OBi's configuration menus.  (Enter 'admin' and 'admin' if prompted for username and password.)

If you don't get anywhere when browsing to the IP address you set, that would be a very strong indicator that the OBi's network port is faulty.

silverp1

Hi all,

Just to follow up, I ended up requesting a new device from Amazon, it arrived today and it is now working perfectly (knock on wood). It appears as though the network interface was bad.

Thanks for the help!