News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

auto answer fax calls

Started by AlexA, October 06, 2013, 12:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexA

Hi,
How could I set up the OBI110 to auto answer calls on sp2 from one certain number? After answering the OBI would also have to dial *51 in order for the fax machine to kick in.  I do not have a dedicated line for faxes only and the fax machine is NOT set to answer automatically, just when it receives the *51 signal.
Thanks,Alex

AlexA

dircom

Have a Brother fax machine?
you could get an Obi 202, that has 2 #'s

azrobert

You could use Callentric's fax to Email service.

Get a free IP Freedom account here:
http://www.callcentric.com/products/

Log into your account and under Call Treatments route all incoming calls to Fax.

In your OBi110 assuming SP2 is defined as SIP:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(1?8005551212):sp2(17771234567@in.callcentric.com)},{ph}

8005551212 is the CallerID you want to route to Fax.
1771234567 is your Callcentric account number.

Edit:

You need one trunk defined as SIP for this to work.
If SP1 and SP2 are defined as GV, post back and I will show you how to get around this restriction.

Disclaimer:
This setup works for me.
Don't know if it will work on a slower network.

QBZappy

Quote from: azrobert on October 09, 2013, 01:52:24 PM
You could use Callentric's fax to Email service.

+1
Always good to have free and easy solutions.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

AlexA

Yes I do have a brother fax. Switching to an obi202 would not help, because I also (at times) receive faxes on the land line. I also could not register another provider (ie. callcentric) because I have gv on sp1 and sipgate.de (for receiving calls and faxes on my German number) on sp2.  I do like the idea of callcentric's fax to email service, but I probably would have to buy another adapter.
Is there no way the adapter would auto answer based on caller id and also "dialing" *51?

azrobert

You don't need a SP trunk registered to Callcentric for this to work. All you need is the change to the inbound route I suggested in my previous post.

My Brother Fax has an option that listens for a fax and when it detects one, it will automatically receive it. The Fax will not automatically answer an inbound call, so you would need an answering machine to pick up the call when you're not home. I suspect your Fax doesn't have this option because of the *51.

AlexA

Thanks azrobert. I followed your suggestions with callcentric and it works fine.
Thanks again

Kaizer

Quote from: azrobert on October 16, 2013, 07:13:30 PM
You don't need a SP trunk registered to Callcentric for this to work. All you need is the change to the inbound route I suggested in my previous post.

My Brother Fax has an option that listens for a fax and when it detects one, it will automatically receive it. The Fax will not automatically answer an inbound call, so you would need an answering machine to pick up the call when you're not home. I suspect your Fax doesn't have this option because of the *51.

Using a obi202 I have GV on sp1 and sp2 and callcentric ip freedom on sp3. I want to forward all sp2 to callcentric which is set to fax. I tried your inbound rule with a small change to this:

{sp2(17771234567@in.callcentric.com)}

When there is a fax call to sp2, GV on sp2 does not forward to callcentric. The call goes to GV voicemail. I got it to work by changing inbound rule to:

{sp3(17771234567)}

The 17771234567 however is to another ip freedom number. If I were to set it to sp3's ip freedom number, it goes to GV voicemail since sp3 calling itself would go callcentric voicemail (since I didn't have that set up it went to GV voicemail).

What do I need to change so that I only need to use 1 ip freedom number? Thanks.

azrobert

Try:
{sp3(17771234567@in.callcentric.com)}

You can't use a GV trunk (SP2) to make a SIP URI call.