News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 : Motorola Handset screen resets every 30 secs

Started by jbjb, October 07, 2013, 06:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbjb

Been using the OBi100 with voip.ms for about 3-4 months and almost everything has been fine (after a few initial weeks of newbie problems), but the one thing I haven't been able to solve is that the screen on a Motorola L402C handset keeps resetting (or something) every 30 seconds.   
The screen lights up and shows the main 'page' for about 20 secs then goes off for about 10 secs and repeats, endlessly.  When trying to program a new number in the phone, if haven't saved before the reset timeout, all info is lost.  Note that using the phone is fine.  I have looked at all the OBi100 config options many times but don't really know what I'm looking for so hoping someone on this forum can point me in the right direction.   

Shale

You have that plugged into the Phone jack of your OBi100.

I suspect that if you unplug it from the Phone jack, it will still do about the same thing. Does it?

jbjb

Thanks for responding.  When I unplugged it from the OBi100 the screen says NO LINE and did not do the reset thing.  When plugged it back in the resetting every 30 secs started again. 

dircom