News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Prefix with *31# Obi202

Started by mrjoe, October 11, 2013, 06:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

I'd like to reveal my CLI when calling through a calling card so I need to prefix some numbers dialed through ObiBT with *31#

I would put <*31#>037219xxx in the ObiBT digit map and change something in Phone 1 & 2 Outbound Callroute & Digit map but not sure what.

Can anyone help me with this please, I'm a bit out of it.

Thank you in advance

azrobert

Don't change the DigitMap.

Put this at the beginning of the Outbound Call Route:
{(<*31#>037219xxx):sp1},

mrjoe

Hi Azrobert - thank you for your reply.

I have put what you suggested in the Phone Outbound Callroute with 'bt' instead of 'sp1' and I'm still not having any success.

I have copied and pasted [^*#]@@. In to ObiBT DigitMap too just in case it will help.

azrobert

Quote from: mrjoe on October 12, 2013, 09:22:07 AM
I have put what you suggested in the Phone Outbound Callroute with 'bt' instead of 'sp1' and I'm still not having any success.

You are dialing from a BT device and sending the call out one of your SP trunks. Correct? If yes then why would you put bt in the outbound call route rule?

I don't have an OBiBT or an OBi202, so my understanding of BT might be wrong. My last post is how you would do it from a phone attached to the Phone Port. I'm assuming that OBiBT is the same except you need something like 037219xxx or xxxxxxxxx in your OBiBT digit map.

If I have this wrong, someone else please chime in.

mrjoe

I'm dialing from my Phone port via a Cellphone connected through ObiBT to my Obi202.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on October 12, 2013, 09:51:05 AM
You are dialing from a BT device and sending the call out one of your SP trunks. Correct?

If I have this wrong, someone else please chime in.

@azrobert
You are wrong.  OBiBT enables the cellphone to behave as an SP.  It does not enable the cellphone to take the place of a corded/cordless phone plugged into the OBi's Phone port. You cannot dial a call using the cellphone's keypad and have it go out via an OBi SPx (or the Line port on a 110).

From the OBi Device Admin Guide:

"OBiBT is compatible with Bluetooth 1.1 to 4.0 and supports the HFP (handsfree) profile. When paired with a mobile phone, OBiBT plays a role similar to a Bluetooth headset from the perspective of the mobile phone."

and

"OBiBlueTooth is the voice service that is made possible with an attached OBiBT dongle that is connected with a (in-service) mobile device. This service allows you to make or receive mobile calls using a conventional phone attached to the OBi phone port, or by bridging in a VoIP call over a SP service or OBiTALK service."

@mrjoe
It may be helpful to check exactly what digit string is being sent.  You can see that by looking at Status|Call History.  (Only visible by pointing a browser to the OBi's internal web server.)

azrobert

Quote from: drgeoff on October 12, 2013, 11:12:12 AM
@azrobert
You are wrong.

I really showed my ignorance today. Thanks for the info.

mrjoe

Quote@mrjoe
It may be helpful to check exactly what digit string is being sent.  You can see that by looking at Status|Call History.  (Only visible by pointing a browser to the OBi's internal web server.)

It doesn't show anything in the history or call status.  When I call it gives a type of engaged tone, it doesn't say "there is no Callroute to connect your call".

ianobi

Mr Joe,

The first requirement is that 037219xxx needs to be in the DigitMap of both of your Phone Ports' Primary Lines. For example if both Primary Lines are sp1, then put 037219xxx in Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap.

Then azrobert's idea (slightly modified) should work:

Put this at the beginning of both Phone Port OutboundCallRoutes:
{(<*31#>037219xxx):bt},

There are other ways of configuring this, but I don't want to complicate this thread more than necessary. I remember just how complicated your configurations can be   :)

mrjoe

Thank you ianobi for coming to help.

I'm clueless as to what the problem is, I'm still getting a fast busy tone.

It does not produce the tone until I'm finished dialing unlike if I were to dial *#.

mrjoe

It is actually showing in the Call History now...

Could it be a limitation with ObiBT?

ianobi

Does Call History now show *31#037219xxx going out on the "bt" service? If so, then your OBi has done all that it should do.

Maybe the cell phone company needs a pause between the *31# and the number. Although that seems unlikely. You could try disconnecting the cell phone from the OBi and dialling direct from the cell phone key pad to see if *31#037219xxx works without the OBi being involved.

mrjoe

It shows *31#037219xxx going to bt

If I call through the Mobile, Ph1 & Ph2 ring and when I pick up it starts the call without any problems.

ianobi

It looks like your OBi is now doing exactly what it should do. The cell phone should show in its display or in "call register" what digits it has dialled onwards to the cell phone company, which should give us more information.

What happens if you unpair the cell phone from the OBi and use the cell phone to dial *31#037219xxx

Late here in my time zone - I'll be back tomorrow.

mrjoe

Calls are not being dialed on the phone.

I'm beginning to think that it may have something to do with the mobile phone itself.

Maybe there is some security feature in place to prevent *# calling through Bluetooth...

ianobi

I cannot simulate your exact config. I did try dialling *31#1234 from my OBi110 Line Port, which is connected to an Xlink Bluetooth device. The cell phone (an old Nokia) registered *31 being sent to the cell phone company. The Xlink sees "#" as a signal to send out the preceding digits immediately. This is fairly common with many devices.

You may need to experiment with different cell phones to see if any accept *31# before you try to link them to the OBi.