News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two incoming calls at the same time

Started by OZOi, April 14, 2011, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OZOi

What happens when there are two incoming calls from two service providers at the same time?

You have just one physical phone to pick one of the calls. Which one it will be? From SP1 or SP2?
Is there any way to control it?

Just in case, I have two different ring profiles set for SP1 and SP2.

OZOi

RonR - thanks for the links. It looks like you don't see any way to prioritize the trunks in OBi device now.

I've made several test calls to my GV number, which is forwarding to SP1 (GV Talk) and SP2 (DID/SIP provider, registered with GV) and so far in all cases I took call from SP1. Perhaps it's because GV notifies SP1 first... That's actually the way I wanted it (so far).

It'd be nice to have a certainty here. For example, to set 1st priority to SP1 (or SP2), so if there are two calls coming at the same time - one always wins (even if call comes a second later) when I hook off the phone. I'm looking for some kind of configuration control setting...

May be it's just a wishful thinking here :). But, I'm sure, that with the Google Voice forwarding (group ringing) service the question will rise here again and again :D

RonR

Quote from: OZOi on April 14, 2011, 09:45:01 PMBut, I'm sure, that with the Google Voice forwarding (group ringing) service the question will rise here again and again :D

I'm not so sure it will.   :)

It's not clear why one would want a call to a Google Voice number to arrive on the SP1 service connected to Google Voice as well as arrive on the SP2 service via a SIP connected DID that Google Voice also calls.