News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

volume control

Started by NewUserFromBA, October 11, 2013, 04:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewUserFromBA

I have just installed the GV on my Obi202 but the default volume on my phone's earpiece is a bit too high. I have to manually lower the volume setting on my phone (Aastra business corded phone) every time I pick up the phone because it doesn't remember my preference. Loudness also makes the buzz/humming noise (apparently common if you have a corded phone hooked up to Obi) more annoying than necessary. Voices come in too hot as well. None of this happens if the phone is connected to a POTS line.

Is there a setting on Obi that lets you lower the volume?

Thanks,

NewUserFromBA

Quote from: Shale on October 11, 2013, 04:40:31 PM
Yes. See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5235.0

Thanks. I just tried it but the setup screen on ObiTalk won't even let me enter a new value for ChannelTxGain. I see a red exclamation mark next to the box.  If I access the same setting on my local Obi web page, it does let me enter a new value (I changed it from -2 to -8) but it just goes back to -2 after the submit and reboot sequence.

Shale

In ObiTalk expert mode, you have to clear 2 boxes before entering your new value: OBiTALK Settings and then Device Default.  Then you have to click Submit on the bottom of the same page before leaving that page.

The article that drgeoff explains that I expect, but mainly explainswhy you want to make the entries in ObiTalk.

There are a few things you can do only on the local OBi web server. The most common of these for me is to look at Status>Call Status.