News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Getting a UK PSTN line to work with OBI110

Started by jrinco11, April 15, 2011, 12:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrinco11

perhaps this belongs in a different thread now, but how would I go about getting numbers dialed starting with a 0 (ie, 0xxxxxxxxxx) to be routed through the LINE port and any other international or US local (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|01144xxxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)  go to SP1, with out, for example, having to dial **8 to get to the LINE port to dial local UK numbers?

EDIT:  ah .. I need to edit the "Setup Wizard"->"Phone OutboundCallRoute" to handle this...trying now..

EDIT 2: okay, so I got it working to when I dial local UK numbers it uses the LINE port and for any US or other Int'l numbers it uses the primary line (SP1 which is GV).  However, when I dial a local UK number, it takes about 8 seconds before the call actually connects.  I dial a number, wait about 12 seconds, I get a single US ring tone, it sounds like it hangs up, wait another 5 seconds, and then I start getting a UK ring tone (and the call starts ringing the number I dialed).   

I simply added the Mli digitmap to the front of my outbound route, and for the LINE digitmap, I just placed (0xxxxxxxxxxx) to match UK numbers:

outbound route before:  {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

outbound route now: {(Mli):li},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

physical interface -> line -> digit map:  (0xxxxxxxxxx)

any suggestions?

LeftRight

One option to call out on your LINE port is to:  Press #, hear dial tone from PSTN, then dial your local UK number.

If you choose * * 8 for dialing out on LINE port, then,  OBi takes some extra time to send the digits out to the PSTN, which could include (after you finish dialing the number):

1/ digit map timeout (2 seconds), changeable in the LINE port DigitMap
2/ Dial delay (500 ms by default)
3/ re-generate DTMF digits, each digit takes 400 ms by default (200 ms ON, 200 OFF).
4/ Extra delay after sending out all digits before OBi passes audio over (2 seconds)

Also, you may press a terminating # at the end of dialing an international number. You can also modify LINE port DigitMap to reduce the timeout if amount of digits are known for international number.

(1), (2), (3) are all changeable in OBi settings, and you may get help from OBi support on this ...

jrinco11

hmm, I'm still getting random issues where I'll pick up an incoming call from the LINE port and it will be dial tone (as if the call instantly disconnects).  Perhaps now that the obi110 is sold on amazon.co.uk, someone has the ability to list all the settings pertaining to the phone/line port on a UK version of the obi110?

jrinco11

would it be possible to get a full list of correct UK settings for the obi110?  I've purchased a new land line phone and now I am unable to get a dialtone, or incoming calls (however, when plugged directly into the pstn line - not through the obi110 - the phone works fine).  Perhaps I could import the settings from a uk-sold obi110?

mrbenjaminjo

I'm having trouble with inbound UK PSTN.

Test scenarios:

-Phone LED lit
-Line LED lit
-Inbound SIP causes phone on phone port to ring.
-Outbound SIP call works.
-Outbound PSTN call works.
-# gets PSTN line dial tone, line LED flashes, outbound works.
-Power off to OBI PSTN pass-through works, phone rings.
-Phone connected direct to PSTN, phone rings.
-PSTN inbound, line LED does not flash, phone does not ring (call history blank)
-PSTN inbound, dial # to connect to PSTN call, picks up inbound (call history logs call)
-Phone & Line Status show correct lastcallerinfo for Line Port Status, even though phone does not ring.

Basically the Obi isn't seeing the PSTN line ring, and I'm pretty sure that everything above points at a config issue (perhaps ring detection?)

I'm configuring the device directly.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Ben.

Stewart

It seems that you've covered everything, so I've no idea what may be wrong.

1. Confirm that firmware is up-to-date.

2. CallerIDDetectMethod should be FSK(V.23).

3. Try changing RingThreshold to 13.50-16.50 and/or RingValidationTime to 150.

4. If no luck, report what is shown under Line Port Status, when idle and when it is being rung.

Ostracus

This may have nothing to do with it, but aren't some telephony equipment sensitive to an incorrectly wired jack (polarity reversal, red to green, green to red)?

mrbenjaminjo

Thanks Stewart, those settings helped.  I paired the device to OBITALK and I think it screwed my UK LINE settings up.  Your suggestions have got me working, though the ring tone is slightly off and the phone carries on ringing a couple of times when the caller has already hung up, so I think some other values are still "out"..

Any idea where I can get to see all of the default LINE settings for the UK build?

Ben.

Stewart

http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/sipura_uk_regional_settings.pdf

This is the closest thing I could find; the numbers are there but the parameter names are of course all different.  If you figure out the correspondence, you should be able to get the proper call progress tones, ring cadence, etc.

However, when an unanswered call is abandoned, the OBi has no way to tell, other than not detecting ringing for a while, so there will always be a delay before the phone port ringing stops.  For the default (US) settings, this timeout needs to be > 4 seconds (default American ring is two seconds on, four seconds off).  I don't know whether this parameter is adjustable -- I don't see anything that has a plausible name and value.  If it can be changed, I suppose ~2.5 sec. would be suitable for UK.